How does the school communicate with parents?
We communicate with families in a variety of ways that reflect modern life and communication:
1. Face-to-face conversations, either formally at planned Parent Consultations, or informally at parent or teacher request
2. Each Year Group receives reports throughout the year.
a. High School Students receive 4 formal reports each year, a Settling in report after the first half-term and then a report at the end of each of the 3 terms.
b. Middle School student receive 2 reports per year.
c. Primary Students receive 3 reports per year.
d. Early Years Students receive 2 reports per year.
3. Emails directly to and from teachers and parents
4. In the Primary school we use Seesaw as a platform to send messages and for teachers to post pictures and information about what has been happening in your child’s class
5. In the Early Years school, we use Tapestry as a platform to send messages and for teachers to post pictures and information about what has been happening in your child’s class
6. Social media include our school Facebook page, Twitter Page and Instagram page.
7. Middle and High School students use Microsoft Teams to access their work and keep track of homework.
8. We send emails to parents with important school information.
9. We send a weekly newsletter that highlights school activities and events.
10. We email class notes weekly that lists what each class is doing and planning.
11. We have a regular monthly coffee morning to allow parents a more relaxed setting to discuss school requirements and meet other parents.