KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Staff development, including new staff induction and staff professional development reviews.
● Performance management of all staff, including development of job descriptions, assessment against professional standards, work scrutinies, monitoring of attendance and punctuality, development of a culture of accountability and collective responsibility.
● Line management of the members of the PSLT, including direct and indirect supervision of their work, as appropriate. Coaching and development of the members of the PSLT in their roles and in their general professional development.
● Liaison with the Admin Staff and Principal’s PA, in the management of the following Primary administrative staff; PA to Head of Primary and Receptionist
● Planning and managing the efficient deployment of staff.
● Management of individual staff issues, including recommendations to the Principal about contract renewal or release.
● Development and implementation of action plans for areas of teaching and learning that give cause for concern.
● Liaison with the Principal, in the purchasing of all teaching and learning resources.
● Assisting the Principal in all primary student recruitment matters, including meeting and engaging with prospective parents and students.
● Liaison with and support for Director of Admissions and Marketing , regarding new student orientation.
● Ensure clear communication channels internally and with parents.
● Responsible for building links with all parents. Responsible, with the Principal, for working with Parent Council.
● Responsible for the look and feel of the primary school, including general atmosphere, display material, electronic noticeboards and tidiness.
● Responsible for the overall pattern of events in the primary school calendar, and for maintaining a reliable diary of forthcoming events.
● Responsible generally for all primary school events, with the Events Co-ordinator or other designated staff.
● Responsible for managing Parent-Teacher conferences and prize-giving.
● Responsible for managing budgets and expenditure
● Any other tasks as required by the Principal for the support and development of the whole school.
▪ High levels of personal integrity
▪ Conscientious and able to focus on completing work to a consistently high standard ▪ Flexible and positive approach to work
▪ Excellent organisational and time-management skills; high attention to detail
▪ Ability to work to tight deadlines and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines are achieved
▪ Adaptable to working in a fast paced ever changing environment
▪ Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
▪ Proactive and willingness to take on multiple tasks
▪ Self-motivated and enthusiastic
▪ Ability to work independently
▪ Must be a team player, willing to help and be flexible
▪ Continually strive for improvement Other
▪ Hold a current Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure or equivalent for countries lived in outside of the UK.
▪ Compliance with visa requirements for working in Cambodia.
▪ A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils. And the willingness to undertake appropriate child protection training when required
Applications should include a covering letter addressed to Mr R. Vaughan, Principal ,along with a photograph, updated CV with all relevant experience, along with the names and contact email addresses of at least two referees. Applications should be submitted through Job Train.
The closing date for application is 8th November 2019. The school reserves the right to appoint before this deadline if the right candidate is found. First stage interviews will be conducted via Skype or telephone with final stage interviews being held at our school in Cambodia.
Start Date: August 2020