The philosophy of the athletic program at NAISR is consistent with that of the school in every aspect, and has been developed to meet the needs of our students in the elementary, middle and high school. Considering our school size and family-type atmosphere, students are encouraged to join because of the unique opportunity to participate and the social interaction that occurs within our sports program.
Our athletic program is intramural as well as inter-scholastic, meaning some students practice and play along with schoolmates (intramural) while others play against other schools or clubs (inter-scholastic). Considering only a certain number of students can compose a team for competition, our coaching staff will do their best to see that every student feels he/she is contributing and having fun.
The athletic program aims to provide students with the opportunity to develop basic and more advanced, specialized athletic skills, to achieve a high level of fitness, and to increase their knowledge of the game (tactics, rules, strategies).
The student-athlete will:
- Work to grow and mature physically, emotionally and psychologically.
- Acquire an increased measure of self-discipline as well as understand his/her value in pursuit of certain, clearly defined goals. Success will most likely come through perseverance and personal initiative.
- Objectively evaluate defeat as well as success; consistently demonstrate and understand the value of fair play and sportsmanship.
- Learn to accept constructive criticism and use it as a tool for self-improvement.
- Learn to accept, respect and value necessary and responsible authority.
- Learn to appreciate that participation in athletics is a privilege which caries certain responsibilities.
The athlete will gain from exposure to a variety of different cultures and individuals through the reciprocal housing program and therefore:
- Learn to function successfully as host to incoming athletes.
- Learn to be a proper guest in another person's home.
If your child will be participating in sports at NAISR, we would ask you to read the Clothing Policy and please fill in and sign (student and parent signatures) the Athletic Agreement with your coach. You will find everything you need to know about participating in sports at NAISR in the Athletics Manual.