- How to apply for a place at Regents International School Pattaya
- How we assess your child to best meet its educational needs
- Being offered a place at Regents International School Pattaya
- Accepting an offer for a place at Regents International School Pattaya
1. THE APPLICATION
The first step is to submit an application. Please note, this is not a commitment on your part to accept a place, nor does it represent a formal offer from the school. You will need to complete our Application Form and pay an Application Fee of 7,200THB. Your application can either be:
- Submitted on the day of your initial visit (You can book a visit today.)
- Returned by e-mail, with the Application Fee paid by bank transfer; or
- Submitted to the Admissions Office on the day of Assessment
In order to complete the application, there are several additional documents which we require from you before your son or daughter can be assessed:
- A photocopy of your child’s birth certificate or passport
- A copy of your (the parents’) passports
- Copies of your child’s two most recent school reports/grade cards
- Where applicable, a copy of any educational psychologist’s or medical reports that will help us to understand how best we can meet your son or daughter’s particular learning needs
- A photocopy of your House Registration (Thai nationals only)
2. THE ASSESSMENT
Regents is an academically non-selective school. In asking parents to bring their children for assessment, our aim is to establish how best we can meet their particular learning needs. The assessment takes place within school by appointment, although in some circumstances it may be possible for the assessment to be sat in a family’s country of residence where that is outside of Thailand. The Admissions Office will be happy to advise you.
FOR ENTRY TO EARLY YEARS (Kindergarten):
The assessment takes the form of a 60 minute ‘taster’ session in the classroom. This gives both you and the classroom teacher the chance to confirm that your son or daughter is happy and comfortable there. Please note, it is a requirement that children are no longer breast- or bottle-fed before entering the school.
FOR ENTRY TO PRIMARY SCHOOL (Elementary School):
Assessment takes the form of a verbal and written appraisal of your child’s English language ability and some other academic areas. If your child has not met the Head of Primary School on an earlier visit, this will also take place on the day.
FOR ENTRY TO THE SECONDARY SCHOOL (High School):
The assessment takes the form of an online cognitive ability, followed by a written English test for those students who have English as an Additional Language needs. If your child has not met the Head of Secondary School on an earlier visit, this will also take place on the day.
3. THE OFFER OF A PLACE
We aim to send you written confirmation that we can offer your son or daughter a place at Regents within 72 hours of the assessment. In the case of a student applying to enter the IB Diploma course (Year 12), the offer of a place will be conditional on the student gaining appropriate grades in his or her public examinations. In the case of students who are sitting GCSE examinations, this would be five or more GCSEs at grades A* to C.
4. ACCEPTANCE AND GUARANTEE OF A PLACE
If you wish to accept the offer of a place at the school, we ask that you do so within two weeks of receiving the formal offer letter. Your child’s place will only be guaranteed if you have paid the non-refundable Enrolment Fee within two weeks of being offered the place. If you choose not to pay the Enrolment Fee and that Year Group becomes over-subscribed your child’s place may be offered to another pupil.
Documents for Download