Core Requirements of the Post
In fulfilling the requirements of the post, the Thai Head of Department will:
- Inspire trust and confidence in students, colleagues and parents;
- Engage and motivate students;
- Build a strong teaching team and create the conditions for it to excel;
- Continually strive to develop the quality of students’ learning;
- Use the student tracking and monitoring process to advance student learning and enhance professional practice in line with the school's aspirations and priorities;
- Contribute significantly to school improvement / development planning and promote the learning priorities of the school development plan;
- Manage the operation of the department smoothly and seamlessly;
- Develop and deploy resources to support high quality student learning;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school.
Planning, Teaching and Class Management
- Planning effective teaching programmes which provide exemplary learning opportunities within and beyond the classroom;
- Positively targeting and supporting individual learning needs;
- Maintaining high levels of behaviour and discipline;
- Effectively using homework and other extra-curricular learning opportunities;
- Establishing a purposeful and safe learning environment;
- Using modern technology to enhance learning opportunities
- Coach, mentor and help develop subject teachers to be the best they can be.
- Create meaningful accountability for outcomes.
- Be an outstanding role model.
- Lead Thai Language and Culture during Induction for all new staff [if he/she is a certified trainer.]
- Lead Thai Celebrations e.g. Loy Krathong across the whole school
Tracking, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
- Make effective use of formative and summative assessment to plan challenging learning opportunities for all students;
- Monitor and record students’ learning to ensure they remain on track to achieve challenging targets;
- Report on progress to appropriate stakeholders.
- Establish a purposeful and safe learning environment for all students;
- Promote the general progress and well-being of individual students and of the tutor group;
- Contribute to the preparation of action plans and other support mechanisms;
- Alert appropriate staff to problems experienced by students and make recommendations as to how these may be resolved;
- Communicate effectively with parents of students, liaising with other staff as appropriate;
- Contribute to PSHE according to school policy
- Support the life of the school beyond the classroom;
- Lead one or more agreed after school activities each week;
- Participate in residential weeks and other trips as appropriate;
- Contribute to whole school learning initiatives during term;
- Contribute positively to the morale and community spirit in the school;
- Work effectively in different teams;
- Assist in whole school marketing initiatives and contribute to the growth of the school;
- Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school;
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of good practice in teaching techniques;
- To manage effective personal development as part of the company’s commitment to invest in staff as the key resource in the organisation.
- To meet statutory responsibilities and company policies with regard to Health and Safety,
Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation.
- To promote and adhere to the Company Vision and Values:
- Opportunity – For us, opportunities need to be meaningful, about achieving potential and making progress.
- Impact - For us, impact is about making a difference. It needs to be immediate, positive and lasting.
- Leadership - For us, leadership is about considering the team’s needs as well as your own, setting inspiring examples, being supportive and showing real accountability and responsibility.
- Respect - For us, respect is about listening, being inclusive, showing tolerance and getting the little things right
Any other appropriate duties as allocated by the Head of Secondary/Principal
- QTS/PGCE Essential
- Good Bachelor’s degree Essential
Experience / Knowledge / Skills
- Experience of A Level or IB, at least 2 years (preferably UK) Essential
- Experience of the English National Curriculum Essential
- Good communication skills Essential
- Competent ICT user Essential
- Familiar with SIMS Desirable
- Overseas experience Desirable
- Strong CPD record Desirable
- Ability to offer a second subject [all programs, Thai for Thais / Thai for Foreigners at all levels] Desirable
- High levels of personal integrity. Essential
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills Essential
- Attention to detail Essential
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm Essential
- Willingness to take on multiple tasks Essential
- Proactive and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines are achieved Essential
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic Essential
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively Essential
- Continually strive for improvement Essential
- Adaptability Essential
Hold a current Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure or equivalent for countries lived in.
To apply, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Thai%20Teacher%20-%20application">email@example.com