Where do your families live, and do you provide school buses?
Our school is centrally located in Shanghai; just half an hour from the downtown part of the city and even closer to Jinqiao and Lujiazui in Pudong. Students from many parts of Shanghai attend our school, including from our own neighbourhood of Kangqiao, and we have an extensive fleet of school buses to ferry them to and from school, including buses which collect students following their after school CCAs.
Each school bus is supervised by a bilingual bus monitor who is a Teacher Assistant at the school, and all buses are fitted with seat belts which students are required to wear. Ask our helpful Admissions team for information about school bus routes during your visit.
How does the school communicate with parents?
We communicate with families in a variety of ways that reflect modern life and communication:
- Face-to-face conversations, either formally at planned Academic Review Evenings, or informally at parent or teacher request
- Students receive four formal reports each year, a Settling in report after the first month in school and then a report at the end of each of the 3 terms.
- Emails directly to and from teachers and parents
- In the Primary school we use Class Dojo as a platform to send messages and for teachers to post pictures and information about what has been happening in your child’s class
- Social media include our school Facebook page and our official WeChat account.
- Students use Microsoft Teams to access their work and keep track of homework.
- Weekly updates which summarises the week’s highlights and provides important notices of upcoming events and activities
As a parent, how can I get involved?
We encourage all parents to take an active role in school life, and our very active Parents Community Association is a great place to start. This band of parent volunteers holds regular meeting and coffee mornings, plans and executes our major school events including the Summer Festival and Christmas Bazaar, raises money and provides support to our school charities, and is an important place for parents new to the school to make friends and meet people. The Parents Community Association also organises our Class Representatives who work directly with class teachers and parents to help with school outings and events, and to bring parents together for fun activities. You can contact the Parents Community Association at email@example.com.
How can I find out more about living in Shanghai?
We have compiled a very helpful City Guide for Shanghai with all the information you need about places to live, family activities, setting up your home and making the most of this amazing city. You can see the online version here.