The chance for each student in Years 5 to Year 11 to have their own iPad for use in school is an excellent opportunity to support their skills development in a rapidly evolving technological age. The iPads will also benefit the student’s organisational skills and their ability to communicate and share with others.
Having said that, implementation of the iPads is not something we are taking lightly here at NAIS Pudong. We are acutely conscious that on line safety is critically important and we are putting significant emphasis on training the students to be responsible and safe on line users. Secondly, the distribution of the iPads is being staggered to ensure that teachers and IT teams are able to support students in the early stages.
Two critical documents will help support safe and sensible use of the iPad:
- A Home School Agreement to be signed by parents and students specifically for use and care of the iPad
- Our Digital Use Strategy, which outlines requirements for use of all digital equipment in school by students
Our iPad roll out strategy timelines are confirmed as follows:
- Thursday 15th October: Students in Years 5 to 11 will receive the Home School Agreement from form tutors. Home School Agreements, alongside the Digital Use Strategy, will be discussed with students on this day.
- Thursday 15th October to Tuesday 20th October: Students will discuss the Home School Agreement with their parents, and return the signed Home School Agreement to their form tutors.
- Tuesday 20th October: Students in Years 10 and 11 will receive their iPads during their guidance sessions, as long as their signed Home School Agreement has been returned.
- Monday 19th and Wednesday 21st October: Students in Years 5 and 6 will receive their iPads at the Primary Academic Review Evening (from 5.00pm to 8.00pm, with further details on the evening to be sent in early October).
- Tuesday 27th October: Students in Years 7 to 9 will receive their iPads during their guidance sessions, as long as their signed Home School Agreement has been returned.
We look forward to keeping you updated as we progress through our implementation strategy. Should parents have any questions at this stage, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org" style="font-size: 1em; line-height: 1.5;">email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you all on this exciting initiative.
Mr Andrew Howard
Deputy Head of Secondary