Information and Reminders.
Please can you ensure your child is dressed appropriately in winter uniform. There should be no brightly coloured layers, tights or shoes. You can check the requirements of the winter uniform in your child’s Learning Journal. Please also ensure your child has a warm coat so they are able to play outside during breaktimes.
On P.E. days your child should arrive at school wearing their school uniform, then change into P.E. clothes, then change back into school uniform.
Sunday 27th November - Christmas Bazaar
Friday 2nd December - Christmas Carols at the Ritz Carlton (school choirs performing)
Thursday 8th December – Christmas Carol Concert
Friday 9th December – CCAs finish today
Monday 12th December – Infants Christmas Show (Matinee) – 1.30pm
Tuesday 13th December - Infants Christmas Show – 6pm
Wednesday 14th December – Primary Workshop and Coffee Morning (Reading) – 9am to 10.30am
Friday 16th December - Last day of term (School ends at 12pm)
Monday 9th January – First day of spring term
Stars of the Week
2A- Elaine - for being a great friend and showing kindness to others.
2B- Junsang - for his kind words and comments during our Kindness Day activities.
2C- Lucio - for being a kind and caring friend.
This week we will begin a new book Dogger by Shirley Hughes. When Dave loses his favourite toy, he is desolate. But when Dogger turns up at the garden fair everything seem all right - until someone else buys him before Dave can get the money!
Our Learning Objectives will include:
- Learn how to use expanded noun phrases to describe and specify.
- Use of capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks.
- To use commas in a list
- Develop positive attitudes towards and stamina for writing by: writing for different purposes - story writing.
EAL- focus t and h
Mrs Eichorn - Phase 3-To learn and spell cvcc words
Mrs Scrymgeou r- Phase 4/5 focus- ey
Mr Lowe - Phase 5 focus- ay
In maths this week our focus will be Multiplication. The Learning Objectives covered will include:
- To use a variety of language to describe multiplication
- Recognise odd and even numbers
- Recall and use multiplication facts for the 2 times table
- Recall and use multiplication facts for the 5 times table
- Recall and use multiplication facts for the 10 times table, linking multiplying by 10 to place value
- Understand that multiplication is commutative
This week in our topic The Magic Toymaker we will continue to focus on Science. As scientists we will look at how different toys can move. We will look at a selection of toys and look at similarities and differences about how they move. We will then design our own toy and think about the movements; we will look at pushes and pulls. As scientists we will then look at a selection of materials and plan an experiment based on which toys can move the fastest and cover the most distance.