Information and Reminders.
All students are asked to wear winter uniforms beginning Monday 7th November. If you need any additional uniform items, they are available now in our uniform shop.
On P.E. days your child should arrive at school wearing their school uniform, then change into P.E clothes, then change back into school uniform.
Don’t forget that school is closed on Friday 11th and Monday 14th November. CCAs will return to normal from this forthcoming Monday.
Saturday 5th November – U9 and U11 football at NAIS Pudong – 8am start
Saturday 5th November – Bonfire night – 5pm to 8pm
Wednesday 9th November – Primary workshop and coffee morning – Phonics in Early Years and Infants – 9am to 10.30am
Thursday 10th November- Author visit - Sarah Brennan will be working with students in Years 2 to 5
Friday 11th November and Monday 14th November – School closed due to staff training
Sunday 27th November - Christmas Bazaar
Friday 2nd December - Christmas Carol Service at the Ritz Carlton
Stars of the Week
2A - Filippo for improved behaviour and concentration
2B - Freddie for working hard in English and Maths
2C - John Hong for trying his best with each task and increasing his participation in class activities
This week the story we will be reading is ‘A Hug for Humphrey’ by Steve Smallman. There is a new toy in the bedroom. He is called Humphrey, he is small, soft and stripy with a big squidgy tummy. But what sort of toy is he, and what can he do? Our Learning Objectives will include:
- Learn how to use expanded noun phrases to describe and specify
- Use of capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- Develop positive attitudes towards and stamina for writing by: writing for different purposes - story writing
In maths this week our focus will be Telling the Time. The Learning Objectives covered will include:
- Know that there are 60 minutes in one hour
- Know that there are 24 hours in one day
- Tell the time using quarter past/to the hour on an analogue clock
- Write the time using quarter past/to the hour on an analogue clock
- Tell the time to five minute intervals on an analogue clock
- Write the time to five minute intervals on an analogue clock
- Draw the hands on a clock face to show times to five minutes, including quarter past/to the hour
This week in our topic The Magic Toymaker we will continue to focus on Science. As scientist we will look at how different toys can move. This could include push, pull, wind, solar or electronic. We will look at how toy cars move on different materials and compare the distance and speed with which they travel. We will create electrical circuits to get a greater understanding of how some of our favourite toys work.