Information and Reminders
- We had a wonderful time at our class parties yesterday, the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves and lots of fun was had by all. Thank you very much for all the delicious food that was sent in to help us celebrate!
- During the holidays, please have a look through all the school uniform/ PE kit and equipment you have at home to make sure it all belongs to you and is clearly labelled with your child's name.
- The holiday homework is optional!
- Have a wonderful Christmas break and a Happy New Year. To all of you who are travelling we wish you a safe and stress free journey!
- PE changes reminder. Block 4 will continue (5th December – 20th January) 3A will have swimming, 3B will have gymnastics and 3C will have net/wall. Please remember your child’s kit so they can participate. Football students need to bring in trainers as well just in case there is the need to go inside.
- Please make sure all the children come to school in appropriate warm weather clothes - including hats and gloves.
Monday 9th January: First Day of Term
Friday 13th January: Y3 Author visit
Monday 16th January: CCAs start
Tuesday 17th and Thursday 19th January: Academic Review Evenings
Sunday 22nd January: Chinese New Year Temple Fair
Monday 23rd – Thursday 26th January: Chinese New Year Celebration Week
Thursday 26th January: Chinese New Year Dress-Up Day
Thursday 26th January: Break up for Chinese New Year Holidays
Monday 6th February: Return to school
Wednesday 15th February: EY and Primary Workshop and Coffee Morning
Friday 24th February: STEAM Day
Wednesday 15th March: EY and Primary Workshop and Coffee Morning
Week beginning 20th March: Shakespeare Week
Star of the Week
3A – Henry for excellent effort in all subjects and for always being helpful and supporting others.
3B - Yuval for being a great friend to others in the playground and working hard in class all term.
3C – Dima for being a fantastic student this year. We will all miss you! Good luck in Singapore.
When we return from the holidays, we will begin a new Topic unit - see below for details. To link our English work to this we will begin reading 'George's Marvellous Medicine' by Roald Dahl. We have sent a PDF version of the book for your child to read over the holidays. In the first week, the children will first write a recount of their holiday. Followed by an exciting lesson to introduce the story (it is a secret) from this the children will practice writing instructions.
In Guided Reading, the focus will be on the children applying their growing knowledge of root words, prefixes and suffixes both to read aloud and to understand the meaning of new words they meet.
On Friday 13th January the author Steven Winburne will be visiting our school. Year 3 will attend a workshop with him. Check out his website to learn more about him www.steveswinburne.com
Our first Maths work of the new year will focus on telling the time. We will recap telling the time using an analogue and digital clock as well as solving time word problems. We will also continue to focus on the 3, 4 and 8 times tables so please practice over the holidays.
In Topic, the children will be exploring states of matter in our new unit, 'Shake It!'. We will begin the topic with a practical activity introducing the children to solids, liquids and gases by asking them to mimic particles in each state. The children will then be given a selection of different liquids and asked to explore the properties of those liquids, making predictions about each and carrying out simple scientific experiments.
In Computing, we will begin a new unit called ‘We are presenters’. In this unit, the children will create their own movies. The first week we will focus on looking at different camera shots.