Information and Reminders
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and a Thursday. We have sent activities home with the children for you to try with them and their reading books. We are wanting Year 4 children to read at home at least 3 times a week. If you read with your child at home please mark inside their learning journals for their class teachers to see.
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework club on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served. Weekly website links will be sent on Fridays.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
- As the weather turns colder please can you ensure that your children are wearing winter uniform and are bringing a coat to school with them.
- There will be no CCAs next week.
- Next Thursday we will be having our class parties. Children can bring clothes with them to get changed into at lunchtime.
4A - Swimming
4B - Basketball
4C - Volleyball
Friday 9th December – CCAs finish today
Wednesday 14th December – Primary Workshop and Coffee Morning (Reading) – 9am to 10.30am
Wednesday 14th December – Primary Christmas themed STEAM Day
Thursday 15th December – Early Years and Primary Christmas Parties
Friday 16th December - Last day of term (School ends at 12pm)
Monday 9th January – First day of spring term
Sunday 22nd January - Chinese New Year Temple Fair
Thursday 26th January – Chinese New Year holiday
Stars of the Week
4A – Tayen Peddle
4B – Karolina Varga
4C- Sabina Tami
In our English lessons this week we will be looking at the use of tenses in our writing. We will be looking at writing from the point of view of a character. We will take the story that has been written in third person and change elements into first person. Alongside this we will be re-consolidating our understanding of using descriptive language including adding in embedded clauses and fronted adverbials to our writing and correctly punctuating speech.
In maths this week we will be looking at all of the skills that we have learnt so far this term and applying them to solving problems. We will be using our knowledge and understanding to work out puzzles in groups. After this we will be explaining our thoughts and ideas and presenting these to the class. During the week we will be participating in our Christmas STEAM day. During this day we will be using our understanding of patterns to crack the code of Pascal's Christmas Tree.
During our topic this week we will be continuing to be scientists. As scientists we will be undertaking an experiment to look at what materials best retain heat. We will take Santa’s hot chocolate and try a range of ways in keeping it warm for him on his travels across the world on Christmas Eve. We will use our scientific inquiry skills to write a report on our findings. During our Christmas STEAM day we will become artists to create collages of children singing carols and technologists to design and build the tallest stand-alone Christmas tree with only 2 sheets of A4 card. We will also become scientists and explore how to help Santa power his sleigh using their knowledge of forces and motion.