Information and Reminders
A reminder that school starts at 8.30am prompt. Please ensure your child arrives at school ready to be in class at 8.30am.
Monday 15th February – First day back at school.
Tuesday 16th February - Exit point of The Magic Shoemaker - see letter and invitation for more details.
Wednesday 17th February - Entry point for new topic Famous People Party - See homework task for more details.
Wednesday 17th February – Early Years and Infant parent workshop and coffee morning 9:00am - 10:00am. The theme for this workshop will be Reading and Phonics.
2A - Swimming on Monday - Games on Wednesday
2B - Games on Monday - Swimming on Wednesday
2C - Games on Monday - Swimming on Friday.
After the holidays we will start a new book called Diary of a Wombat by Jackie French.
Objectives covered will include; using the present and past tense correctly, identifying and spelling different homophones, and considering what we are going to write before beginning by encapsulating what we are going to say sentence by sentence.
In Maths we will:
- count in steps of 2, 3 and 5 from 0 and in tens from any number, forward and backward
- recognise the place value of each digit in a two-digit number (tens, ones)
- identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations, including the number line
- read and write numbers to at least 100 in numerals
- use place value and number facts to solve problems
We will begin our new topic People of the Past. History is one big story, filled with important people who did many great things - scientists, rulers, artist, writers, explorers.
By learning about these people and what they did, we can find out more about the qualities that make someone great.
In History, we will be:
- Exploring the decisions that rulers had to make in the past
- Finding out about a famous explorer using maps and role play
- Finding out about a famous scientist
- Learning about important inventors and their inventions
You can find out more information about out new topic in the letter below.