Nord Anglia Education
With over 20 years’ experience operating international schools, Nord Anglia Education is proud to be the world’s leading premium schools organisation. We are a fast-growing network of 42 schools across China, Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and North America. To learn more about Nord Anglia Education (NAE), please visit www.nordangliaeducation.com
Nord Anglia International School Shanghai, Pudong
Founded in 2002 the school is well established, highly respected and educates over 900 students aged between eighteen months and eighteen. We follow the English National Curriculum in Secondary to IGCSE and deliver the IB Diploma in Years 12 and 13. By every measure our students achieve academic results that stand out in Shanghai and way beyond. To learn more about Nord Anglia International School Shanghai, Pudong visit www.naispudong.com
We are seeking an experienced, talented and dynamic school leader to work in partnership with the Principal and Head of Primary to drive the school’s next chapter of success. Shanghai is a highly competitive environment for international schools and we are a very significant part of the Nord Anglia Education family.
The new Head of Secondary will be expected to:
· Be committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for every student in our care.
· Relentlessly pursue outstanding academic performance for the many, not the few.
· Ensure the school is a well-organised, efficient and effective hive of purposeful activity from the start to the end of each school day
· Support the marketing and admissions process of the school with passion and an adherence to quality.
· Develop and lead a culture of professional learning within the teaching body.
· Manage financial budgets with astuteness and engage and contribute successfully in a corporate team environment.
· Promote our values through the opportunities we offer, the impact we make, the leadership we demonstrate and the respect we think everyone deserves.
· Establish and maintain an ethos which places high performance as the key driver of their work.
· Possess a creative and pragmatic mind with the ability to lead innovations in teaching and learning and the broader activity of the school.
· Lead with a strategic and decisive style, suitable for a successful, large school.
· Understand how to blend the best of premium British education with contemporary international thinking to create a distinctive positioning for the school.
· Demonstrate a flair for developing managerial and educational talent.
· Respect, appreciate and understand a variety of cultures and societies.
The Head of Secondary is a key role within the school, but he or she will also have the opportunity to have an impact across the Nord Anglia Education group by sharing good practice, innovation and support with colleagues around the world. He or she will also benefit from our contemporary approach to continuous professional development through the work of our Nord Anglia University programme.
An attractive remuneration package is available which will include a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Applications should be made online, and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees. Any offer of appointment will be subject to a successful medical as well as DBS clearance. The closing date for applications is 24th March 2016. First interviews will be conducted over the phone or via Skype, with second interviews being held in London and/or Shanghai.
Start date: Ideally from August 2016 but January 2017 could be considered for the right candidate