Information and Reminders
Thank you to everybody who attended the Year 2 to Year 3 transition coffee morning, we hope you found the information useful. You can find copies of the PowerPoints on our Moodle.
Star of the week
2A – Henry Dexter
2B – Alexander Hjelle
2C – Nico Christie
2A - Swimming on Monday - Games on Wednesday
2B - Games on Monday - Swimming on Wednesday
2C - Games on Monday - Swimming on Friday
In our English lessons next week, we will read the Poetry book ‘Dreaming Up’, a celebration of buildings. We will then be studying the following objectives:
- To develop a positive attitude and stamina for writing with a focus on poetry
- To use a range of punctuation
- To use expanded noun phrases and adjectives
- To make simple additions and revisions and corrections to their own writing
This week in Maths, we will focus on Calculations. Our learning objectives covered will include:
- To show that multiplication of two numbers can be done in any order
- To use a variety of language to describe multiplication and division
- To solve word problems using multiplication and division
In topic, we will express views on attractive and unattractive features of an environment, including buildings.
We will write a ‘house for sale’ advertisement for a home, describing the best points and why it is ideal for someone living there.