Information and Reminders
All library book should have been returned, if you have lost or misplaced a book the fee to replace it will be 100rmb.
You should have received a letter about the class parties, please liaise with your child’s class rep about food contributions. The children may bring clothes to get changed into for the parties.
If your child will be leaving school before the last day on Friday please could you inform your child’s class teacher.
Primary Year in Review Assembly – Wednesday 22nd June; 9.00am to 11.00am
Primary End of Year Parties – Wednesday 22nd June; afternoon - See letter and class rep.
Last day of school – Friday 24th June; midday finish
Star of the week
2A – Adriana Malik
2B – All of Year 2B
2C – Sofie Hansson
There will be no swimming next week, children will participate in a games lesson instead.
In our English lessons next week, we will look at writing riddles. We will be focusing on the following objectives:
- To write a riddle, using a variety of clues
- To understand and use similes
- To understand and use metaphors
This week in maths we will focus on problems and problem solving. Our learning objectives covered will include:
- To solve number problems with both number facts and place value
- To read and use a variety of language linked to problem solving
- To solve problems using the four operations
Our current topic is ‘Water World’. Water is important to all living things; without water there would be no life on Earth. We use water every day and we depend on water to stay clean and healthy just like the many plants and animals we share our world with.
As scientists we understand that scientific enquiry involves asking questions, collecting evidence through observation and measurement. Our learning objectives covered will include:
- To pose simple scientific questions
- Identify ways of finding out about scientific issues
- To conduct simple investigations