Information and Reminders
- Please remember to send your child to school with a cap and water bottle.
- Please check your child’s Learning Journal to check that they are wearing the correct school uniform. We are seeing a number of items of clothing being work that are not part of our school uniform
- In the run up to International Week, we are looking for parents and family members to get involved and come in and share something of their home countries and traditions. If you would like to come in and read with your child’s class, cook with them, teach them a song or dance, or just give a talk about where you are from, please get in touch with Mrs Scrymgeour
School Holiday (Mid-Autumn Festival) – Thursday 15th & Friday 16th September
International Week – Week beg. 26th September
National Holiday (school closed) – Monday 3rd to Friday 7th October
Nex week our focus will be Poetry - Mosquitoes, Mosquitoes. Our Learning Objectives will include:
- Discuss and express view on a wide range of poetry
- Perform poetry learnt by heart
- To write for different purposes
- To read aloud with appropriate intonation
Next week in maths our focus will be shape. The Learning Objectives covered will include:
- identify and describe the properties of 2-D shapes, including the number of sides and line symmetry in a vertical line
- identify and describe the properties of 3-D shapes, including the number of edges, vertices and faces
- identify 2-D shapes on the surface of 3-D shapes, [for example, a circle on a cylinder and a triangle on a pyramid]
- compare and sort common 2-D and 3-D shapes and everyday objects
As Scientists, we have started to look at the different senses we have. How can we find out more about our senses? What could we investigate? Which parts of our body could we use?
The children will go on a senses walk around the school, we will explore and observe our environment. What things can we see? What can we hear? What can we touch, smell and taste?
We will then begin to research and investigate the different parts of the eyes, ears and nose.
Next week the children will take part in carousel of activities, they will get to experiment with different tastes, smells and sounds. Can they guess what the mysterious object is?