Information and Reminders
- Happy New Year!
- Please make sure all the children come to school in appropriate warm weather clothes - including hats and gloves.
- Please make sure that ALL items of school uniform and PE kit are clearly labelled.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- PE changes reminder. Block 4 will continue (5th December – 20th January) 3A will have swimming, 3B will have gymnastics and 3C will have net/wall. Please remember your child’s kit so they can participate. Football students need to bring in trainers as well just in case there is the need to go inside.
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served. Weekly website links will be sent on Fridays.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
Monday 16th January – CCAs begin
Tuesday 17th and Thursday 19th January – Primary Academic Review Evenings, 5pm to 8pm
Sunday 22nd January - Chinese New Year Temple Fair
Monday 23rd – Thursday 26th January – Chinese New Year Celebration Week
Thursday 26th January – Chinese New Year Dress-Up Day
Friday 27th January – School closed for Chinese New Year holiday
Monday 6th February – First day of school
Wednesday 15th February – Early Years and Primary Coffee Morning, 9am to 10.30am
Week beginning 20th March - Shakespeare week
Star of the Week
3A – Azriel Joseph for excellent instructional writing and always trying his best.
3B - Tiffany for fantastic work in English; writing her ‘Marvellous Medicine’ instructions.
3C – Sofie Hansson for being a great buddy for Lauren and being mature and Lauren for settling in so well with her first week of school.
Next week we will start the week with a drama activity. The children will learn a chant from the story of George’s Marvellous Medicine. The children will perform in front of an audience and evaluate each other’s performances. We will read the chapter ‘Grandma gets the medicine’. The children will become the characters to interview in order to find out what happened to Grandma. They will use their recounts to write their own newspaper reports including speech marks.
In Guided Reading we will identify and discuss conventions in a wide range of writing. We will look at the moral (lesson learned) of the story and what themes are covered.
Over the next three weeks our focus we will be ‘Calculations’. Next week we will work on addition. We will add three digit numbers and ones (or tens, or hundreds) mentally. We will use column addition for numbers with two digit and three digit numbers when carrying is not required, before moving onto when carrying is required.
Next week, we will continue with our new topic, Shake It! The children will learn 'the journey of milk'. They will investigate a variety of ways that liquids can be turned into solids. They will also try to churn cream into butter by shaking it and seeing what the effect is.
Please let us know if your child has any dairy allergies or is lactose intolerant and we can find an alternative task for them.
In Computing, we will continue our new unit; We are Presenters. We will continue to look at different camera angles to take a range of photographs.