Information and Reminders
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and a Thursday. We have sent activities home with the children for you to try with them and their reading books. We are wanting Year 4 children to read at home at least 3 times a week. If you read with your child at home please mark inside their learning journals for their class teachers to see.
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework club on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
- Please can you ensure that your children are wearing winter uniform and are bringing a coat to school with them.
- If you haven’t already, we would really appreciate you taking the time to complete our Parent Satisfaction Survey by following this link: http://parentsurvey.nordanglia.com/survey/selfserve/5a0/160104?wave=y2017
Friday 10th March - Year 4 Exit Point
Wednesday 15th March - EY and Primary workshop and coffee morning; 9am to 10.30am
Week beginning 20th March - Shakespeare Week and School Photos
Week beginning 27th March – ‘Into the Woods’ production – tickets available to purchase now
Friday 31st March – Last day of term
23rd January - 24th February
Girls will undertake netball lessons while boys participate in rugby lessons.
Stars of the Week
4A – Tayen Peddle for the excellent video he made for home learning on his holidays.
4B – Harrison Gawthorn for some amazing persuasive writing and being able to edit and improve his work.
4C- Sabina Tami for creating a wonderful piece of persuasive writing.
In our English lessons next week we are going to be looking at stories from across the world. We are going to be focussing on the story of “Matale comes to supper”. We will be using our talk for writing skills to learn the story by heart using a range of actions. From here we will be planning and drafting the story in our own words. We will be focussing on the use of organisational devices and the use of paragraphs. Alongside this we will be continuing to develop our skills of being able to vary our range of sentence openers and fronted adverbials. Towards the end of the week we will be looking at being able to edit and improve our writing through both peer and self assessment.
Guided Reading: In our guided reading lessons next week we will be continuing to develop our skills of being able to understand what we have read independently by identifying main ideas drawn from more than one paragraph and being able to summarising these.
Spelling: During our spelling lessons next week we will be looking at the rules and patterns of being able to spell words ending in –cian.
During our maths lessons next week we are going to be exploring our new topic measuring space. During the week we are going to be undertaking both practical and written exercises to develop our skills of being able to convert between a range of types of measurements. At the start of the week we will look at being able to convert between kilometres and metres before moving onto being able to convert between centimetres and millimetres. From here we will look at converting between kilograms and grams and litres and millilitres. At the end of the week we will challenge ourselves by applying the skills learnt to problem solving situations.
In our topic of Gateways To The World next week we will continue to be artists and technologists. At the start of the week we will be continuing to be artists and create pieces of art work for inside an airport. From here we will become technologists. We will be designing and creating our own entertainment packs based on designs from ones we have seen. We will evaluate and analyse what we think needs to go into an entertainment pack and come up with our own ideas of what we think should be added in. From here we will also be designing and making our own passports.