Information and Reminders
Now that the weather is becoming warmer, we will change to our summer uniform. Please visit the school website or check in your child’s Learning Journal for the appropriate clothing, which can be purchased at our uniform shop.
Please note that Academic Review will take place next week, you should now have received an email with information about how to make an appointment with your child’s class teacher.
Thank you to those parents who attended 2B’s assembly on Thursday, we all really enjoyed it.
2C’s Assembly - will be held on Thursday 25th May.
2A’s Assembly - will be held on Thursday 1st June.
Monday 17th April - CCAs Start
Tuesday 18th April - Early Years and Primary Academic Review Evening 5pm-8pm (including talks on the changes in EY and Primary next year)
Thursday 20th April - Early Years and Primary Academic Review Evening 5pm-8pm (including talks on the changes in EY and Primary next year)
Saturday 22nd April - Curry and Quiz night- more information to follow
Monday 1st May – Labour Day holiday - school closed
Wednesday 10th May - Donuts with Dads; The Hub; 8.30am followed by E- Safety Parent Workshop 9.00am
Wednesday 17th May – Parent Workshop: STEAM in Early Years and Primary
Thursday 18th May – Saturday 20th May – Primary FOBISIA games
Thursday 18th May – Early Years and Primary STEAM Day
Wednesday 24th May - Muffins with Mum; The Hub; 8.30am followed by HSK Workshop; 9.00am
Thursday 25th May – 2C Class Assembly
Friday 26th May – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Monday 29th May and Tuesday 30th May - School closed
Thursday 1st June – 2A Class Assembly
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Star of the Week
2A – Jessica - For an excellent start to Year 2.
2B – Hiroyasu - For excellent persuasive and descriptive writing.
2C – Freddie - For always having good manners and being polite.
Linked to our topic work, next week in English we will study a number of non-fiction books related to materials and the structure of buildings. Our Learning Objectives covered will include:
- Use commas to separate items in a list
- Consider what they are going to write before beginning by writing down ideas and/or key words, including new vocabulary
- Use of capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- To write examples of a non-fiction text including an Introduction, contents page, glossary
- Make simple additions, revisions and corrections to their own writing by evaluating their writing with the teacher and other pupils
Next week in maths, we will revisit our work on Division. Our Learning Objectives covered will include:
- To use a variety of language to describe division
- Recall and use division facts for the 2 times table
- Recall and use division facts for the 5 times table
- Recall and use division facts for the 10 times table
- Understand that division is not commutative
- To create mathematical statements for division
Please note for written calculations we will follow the schools calculation policy link to stages.
As artists, we will make observational drawing of the different types of buildings we can see from school. We will then design and decorating our own house by using a card board for the frame of the house, then using different materials, fabrics and paint we will decorate the different rooms and create furniture.
If you have any cardboard boxes, scrap materials, fabric or old unwanted clothing please send them in to be cut up and used for the decorating.