Information and Reminders
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and a Thursday. We have sent activities home with the children for you to try with them and their reading books. We are wanting Year 4 children to read at home at least 3 times a week. If you read with your child at home please mark inside their learning journals for their class teachers to see.
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework club on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
- As the weather is warmer we are now wearing summer uniform in the primary school. Please visit the school website or check in your child’s Learning Journal for the appropriate clothing, which can be purchased at our uniform shop.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school.
- Please note that IB and IGCSE exams are taking place and will be taken in the Primary building. The main staircase in B Block will remain closed and all students and adults should use alternative staircases. Please can we ask parents not to wait in the area outside the Hive, outside Sports Hall B or along the Year 3 classrooms, as we need to ensure silence for our older students. Parents are always welcome to go to Aspretto, our coffee shop, whilst waiting for students. Thank you for your support
- STEAM Day - The theme for the upcoming STEAM day (Thursday 18 May) will be recycling. Please bring in clean, safe recyclable materials (plastic, cardboard, paper) for construction on the day.
- There will be no PE on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday of next week due to the FOBISIA Games
Wednesday 17th May – Parent Workshop: STEAM in Early Years and Primary
Thursday 18th May – Saturday 20th May – Primary FOBISIA games
Thursday 18th May – Early Years and Primary STEAM Day
Tuesday 23rd May – Stage and Screen Performance; 6.00pm; Auditorium
Wednesday 24th May - Muffins with Mums; The Hub; 8.30am followed by HSK Workshop; 9.00am
Friday 26th May – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Monday 29th May and Tuesday 30th May - School closed
Wednesday 7th June – Parent Workshop – Transitions: 3rd Culture Kids with Olivia’s Place; 9.30am
Wednesday 7th June – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Friday 9th June – CCAs finish today
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Wednesday 14th June – KS2 Production - Matinee performance 1:30pm
Thursday 15th June – KS2 Production - Evening performance 6:00pm
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
Star Of The Week
4A Sania Rivzi for the fantastic effort she has been putting into her acting skills.
4B Kelly Lee for writing a brilliant review of the residential trip.
4C Happy Liang for using imaginative and varied vocabulary consistently in her writing.
2nd May- 26th May
4A - Gymnastics
4B – Net/Wall
4C - Swimming
During our English lessons next week we will be looking at being able to describe Ancient Egyptian settings. We will begin the week by exploring the importance of using a rich and varied vocabulary and how it enhances our writing. From here we will be looking in depth at the use of our sentences and how we structure them. We will experiment in our writing at developing and increasing a range of sentence types and how this can enable us to become better writers. At the end of the week we will be combining all of our learning and applying it to being able to create a well-planned, written and edited Egyptian setting. Throughout all lessons in Year 4 we are putting emphasis on the importance of having joined up and legible handwriting.
During our guided reading lessons we will be independently predicting what might happen from details stated and implied.
Spelling: Our spelling lessons next week focus on the rules for spelling homophones
During our maths lessons next week we will continue to explore the use of mathematical language based on movement. We will begin the week by describe movements between positions as translations of a given unit to the left/right. From here we will move onto being able to describe movements between positions as translations of a given unit to the up/down. Towards the end of the week we will combine this knowledge to describe movements between positions as translations of a given unit to the left/right and up/down. At the end of the week we will challenge ourselves to apply all our learning to solving problems involving translations.
Next week we will continue with our learning around “Temples, Tombs and Treasures”. We will start the week as historians. During these lessons we will look at the importance of the Hieroglyphic Alphabet, Tomb Paintings and Symbols to the Ancient Egyptians. From here we will look at Egyptian Gods and Goddesses. We will explore their importance and how they had an impact on everyday life through the use of simple sources. At the end of the week we will become artists and create our own gods and goddesses in the style of the Ancient Egyptians.