Communication, Language and Literature:
• Can the children think of rhyming words with some of the animals in the story?
• The Kings brought gifts for baby Jesus, what gifts would you give to a baby?
• Many animals are in the stable, which is the smallest and biggest?
• How many animals are in the stable, can you add them together?
Personal, Social and Emotional Development:
• Daisy feels upset, fed up, surprised and amazed during the story. Can the children talk about a time they have felt these emotions?
Understanding the world?
• Mary and Joseph travelled a long way, what is the longest journey you have been on?
Expressive Arts and Design:
• Make a collage of the critical characters of the story.
Pretend to be animals from the story, can you move fast and slow? Can you pretend to lay an egg like a hen?
We are very excited to share our production of Away in a Manger with you tomorrow Tuesday 10th December at 9.00am.