Mrs Walker looking at some dinosaur eggs with Pre-Nursery.
- How long have you been at BISS Puxi? I have been working at BISS Puxi since it opened in 2004. It has been a wonderful experience to watch the school grow into the fantastic place it is!
- What do you enjoy about working at our school: I love meeting people from all over the world (both parents and teachers) and getting to know about all their different cultures and experiences.
- What do you like to do at the weekends in Shanghai? I have two small children, Jake who is 4 and Ella who is 1. My weekends generally revolve around soft plays, play dates and parks. However, if I get a spare moment to myself, I’ve found a new love of painting and I love exploring some of the amazing restaurants in Shanghai or popping to my favourite spa for a massage and pamper.
- What is your favourite book to read to your Pre-Nursery class? I can’t possibly pick one! At the moment we are learning about dinosaurs and we love reading ‘Harry and the Bucket Full of Dinosaurs’ By Ian Whybrow. But my all-time favourite children’s book is “Whatever Next!” By Jill Murphy, about a little bear who uses his imagination to fly to the moon.
- What do you love about China? Shanghai has become my home. Both my children were born here and I truly love this city. I love that China has a mix of vibrant cities that are busy and full of craziness, but an hour or so out of the city and you are in some of the most beautiful places in the world!
- What do you miss most from home? I miss SHOPPING! I always make sure I have plenty of room in my suitcases for all my purchases when I visit!