Under leadership from the Regional Director of Admissions, The Admissions and Marketing Operations Team Leader main responsibility will be to develop, coordinate and implement student recruitment strategies and activities for the British International School Shanghai newly established Dual Curriculum sister school located in Minhang. The role will play an integral part of the student journey from initial enquiry to enrolment. Multi-faceted, the Admissions part to the role will focus on the conversion of the prospect from enquiry through to enrolled student and will ensure a smooth transition within this process ensuring a high standard of customer service at all touch points within the school. The marketing operations side of the role will focus on the front end marketing activities involved with student recruitment such as Open Days, Recruitment Fairs and specific marketing campaigns in order to drive awareness generate enquiries and increase enrolment.
- A Bilingual Chinese/English speaker is essential for the role.
Key Tasks (Admissions)
- Lead the Admissions team, delegating tasks as appropriate but ensuring that, through team meetings and reporting structures, all members of the team, and the Director of Admissions & Marketing and Principal are kept fully briefed on all admissions issues.
- Ensure that school adheres to data tracking protocols and reports (enquiries, visits, KPIs) as required by Nord Anglia Education (NAE).
- Oversee and manage the use of the school’s Management Information System is correctly used for the Admissions process. Ensuring records and files are kept accurately, timely and confidentially concerning all enquiries, tours and registrations.
- Ensure that a high quality of customer service is maintained at all times during the student journey from enquiry to enrolment and create and implement strategies and initiatives to ensure this.
- Act as a point of contact for admissions enquiries from potential or existing parents and refer these to other members of the team as appropriate.
- Meet applicants and their parents, gathering documents as required for applications, and working closely with the school leadership team to “build a class”.
- Responsible for the returners survey data collating and reporting as well as consequent follow up of the students.
- Responsible for reporting to government bodies as and when necessary.
Key Tasks (Marketing)
- Responsible for event organisation and implementation with student recruitment focus such as school Open Days, Student Recruitment Fairs, Corporate Coffee Mornings and Principal Coffee Morning both on and off campus etc.
- Working closely with the Marketing Communications and Publications Officer to develop and implement marketing material to support above mentioned events for promotion both online and offline as well as support collateral for event.
- Play an active role in building links and maintaining close relationships with local businesses, organisations, relocations agencies and developing outreach strategies to these organisations in order to generate awareness about the school.
- Responsible for the Admissions Material collateral working in alignment with publications team.
- Developing, updating and managing website for the Chinese language site through the CMS including the school social media sites on regular basis with postings and imagery for specific marketing campaigns.
- Undertaking ad hoc activities as requested by management
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium international school organisation with 42 schools in China, Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia and North America. Our organisation has been operating premium international schools for over 20 years. Nord Anglia Education has provided premium quality international education to children of foreign nationals in China since 2002, and it is now looking forward to providing the same outstanding education to PRC nationals by a Dual Curriculum school.
Nord Anglia Chinese International School, located in the Minhang district of Shanghai will cater to children of PRC nationals from age 6 to 18 years. It will follow the local Chinese curriculum integrated with international elements taught through the medium of mandarin Chinese and English. Throughout the school, Nord Anglia Education will draw on the best of Chinese and Western learning styles and the experience of leading educators to provide a distinctive education program for the students. The campus will have approximately 2,250 seats of capacity and impressive facilities to support the school in offering an outstanding education. The expected opening date of the school is September 2016.
Currently employing over 6,000 staff and educating over 33,000 students our schools are seen as the premier school in almost all of the cities in which we operate and are a very popular choice for parents. Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and tailored to meet the needs of their specific location, but they are united by the quality of education they offer, the efficiency with which they are managed and the excellence of the student experience. We position our schools as at the forefront of contemporary educational practice while preserving traditional educational values.
A Nord Anglia Education student will benefit not only from the richness and expertise within their own School environment but also from other Schools across the Nord Anglia Education family. Nord Anglia Education Schools are non-selective yet, on average, our student’s score four points above the global average in their IB diploma, as well as being offered and accepting places at the world’s top 100 Universities.