Please remember to sign up for a Parent Teacher Conference appointment, and send your reply slip back via your child’s communication book.
- Thank you very much for all the DVDs that you sent in last week. The outdoor area is looking better every day. We are continuing with this collaborative outdoor project and this week we would appreciate any old pots, pan, forks and spoons that we could use to further develop our outdoor music factory.
- With the weather getting a bit colder, please be sure that your child’s extra set of clothes are suitable for the autumn weather. For example, change t-shirts for long sleeved shirts and shorts for pants.
- Giving Tree: It is not too late to send in replies and donationions for our Giving Tree Charity. Please send slips and cash in a sealed envelope clearly marked for the ‘Giving Tree’and with your childs name and class. – Thank you.
- Book Week: Information about the Book Week which is week beginning Monday 2 November is being sent out today. Please be aware of all the exciting activities that are taking place.
- Book Fair: This year the Book Fair, where you can buy books, will take place in school from Thursday 19-Saturday 21 November. More information to follow.
This week we will focus on a selection of the Dr. Seuss books, as we prepare for book week. These books are excellent vocabulary builders for children of this age, with their use of rhyming words and repetition. These books are also great providers of moral lessons, with books like ‘Green eggs and ham’ encouraging the children to try new things. We will be encouraging the children to use their imaginations to create weird and wonderful role play, door displays and much more. Throughout the week the children will be encourage to ask many questions related to these stories. What might happen next? Who was your favourite character? Did you think that was funny?
Key Vocabulary: Stories, beginning, middle, end, what, who, why?
During phonics this week the children will be exploring sounds as we encourage them to recall sounds that they have heard, discriminate between different sounds and to describe what they hear.
Key vocabulary : loud, soft, fast, slow, bell, drum, high, low
‘One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish!
Black fish, blue fish, old fish, new fish!
Following on from last weeks rhyming stories, this week the children will be exposed to a wealth of rhyming and repetition within the stories and literature from Dr. Seuss.
Continuing on from the children’s previous work on numbers, this week the children will be looking at what those numbers mean. We will be looking at quantities and matching them to the correct numerals. Can you remember how many you counted?
Understanding the world
Talking about change! This week the children will be looking at change and thinking about ‘What could happen next?’ The children will be looking closely at how things change, with each class taking part in a scientific experiment, such as making slime! The children will be asked to predict what they think might happen and then talk about what did happen.
Deze week lezen we een nieuw avontuur van Clown Tito. Clown Tito is de ster van Circus Rondo. Elke dag treedt hij op . De mensen vinden het prachtig! Maar dan gebeurt er iets vreemds. Tito speelt zijn neus kwijt! In de neuzenwinkel hebben ze helaas geen ronde neuzen meer. Kan jij een nieuwe neus vinden voor Tito?
Elke woensdag gaan we met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. Gelieve het boek tijdig weer mee te geven met uw kind. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.
We will be sharing weird and wonderful stories in Mandarin!
Songs: The Monkeys and the Moon 猴子捞月亮（hou zi lao yue liang）
The Crow and the Pitcher乌鸦喝水（wu ya he shui）
Pony across the river 小马过河 (xiao ma guo he)
The Monkeys and the Moon 猴子捞月亮 （hou zi lao yue liang）
Key Words: crow乌鸦(wu ya ); drink water喝水(he shui ); across the river过河 (guo he); drag 捞 (lao) ; change变化 (bian hua )