- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays. For these first two weeks, homework is optional and entries can be brought in any time before Wednesday 9 September.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- Monday 31 August – Meet the Teacher Session.
- There will be a New KS1 Parents’ Literacy and Maths Workshop on Wednesday 9 September from 8:45 – 9:30am.
- ECA and BISCAP registration closes on Friday 28 August and confirmation letters will be sent out during the week beginning 7 September. Both programmes will begin on Monday 14 September.
- Please check your child’s communication book each day.
- BISS Uniform Sale - Wednesday 2 September 2:30-5pm The Gallery (Primary)
Parents have the chance to buy quality “used” BISS uniform at another of our Recycle Sales. All items are in good condition and can be bought for the bargain price of 5 rmb per item. All proceeds will be donated to one of our school charity projects. Bring change and your own bag!
- Uniform Collection - We are sure that most families have several items of unwanted BISS uniform at home that you would be happy to get rid of; perhaps your children have outgrown them, have moved up to Secondary, or are moving school. Please donate these items to our Uniform Sale! All items can be dropped into the collection boxes at Primary and Secondary Reception areas throughout this and next week.All items need to be clean and in good condition.
In Literacy this week, children will be learning all about labels, lists and captions. They will be building upon their experiences within school so far by labelling different items in our Year 1 area and writing captions about some of their lessons, including PE.
In Maths, we will be practising our number recognition and our ordering of numbers up to 30. Children will be carefully counting whilst spotting the missing numbers. We will also practise our number formation and learn how to use a hundred square.
This week in Year 1, we will be continuing with our theme- Who am I? Children will be discussing their likes and dislikes and will continue to focus on getting to know their new friends. They will also have the opportunity to look at a variety of different self-portraits and photographs. Towards the end of the week, Children will be using photos of themselves to help them create their own self portrait.
Children will be discussing different types of feelings, focusing on happy, sad and angry. Children will then learn how to cope with some of these feelings and will practise helping each other.
Literacy – labels, lists, captions, non-fiction, explanations, information.
Math’s – numbers, counting, missing numbers, hundred square, ordering.
Humanities – people, friends, feelings, angry, sad, happy, caring, sharing, helping, portrait, drawing.
De Nederlandse klas staat gereed. Wat zal dit jaar in petto hebben? Wie heeft er gehoord van het letterwinkeltje? Daar verkopen ze letters in alle soorten en maten.