Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and is expected in on Mondays. The 3D art optional homework that has already been given out, is due back into school on Monday 7 September.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- There will be a Maths and Literacy Parents Workshop on Wednesday 9 September 8:45- 9:30 in Stage One.
- ECAs and the BISCAP programme will begin on Monday 14 September.
- Please check your child’s communication book each day, information regarding phonics will be sent home this week.
- Library Extended Opening Hours: From Monday September 14th the library will be open on Mondays and Tuesdays from 3:30 to 4:30pm for parents to borrow books. Parents register directly with the librarian and are allowed up to five books for a 2 week loan period. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Parent Helpers: We are always grateful for parents who are willing to come in to help read with children, help in the Dinner Hall, make resources etc. Please let your class teacher know if you are available.
- If for any reason your child is unable to take part in PE, please send a signed message in your child’s communication book. Your child still needs to bring in their PE kit to enable them to participate as a coach, an official or to give feedback. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
In Literacy this week, children will be continuing to read and write labels, lists and captions. We will be writing shopping lists linked to the foods that we will be trying, as part of our themed learning. We will also be taking a variety of different photographs, which we will then write captions for.
In Maths, we will continue to practise our counting. We will then be using a hundred square to help us to practise reading and writing the numbers 1-30. We will also be focusing on saying numbers that are one more or one less.
This week in Themed Learning, the children will learn about the body and their senses. They will be discussing a range of different foods and describing them using specific vocabulary e.g. sour, sweet, sharp etc. We will also learn about healthy food and making healthy food choices.
Children will continue to discuss different types of feelings, focusing on happy, sad, angry, excited and worried. We will be reflecting upon our first few weeks in school and will identify ways in which we can help and support our friends.
Literacy – labels, lists, captions, non-fiction, explanations, information, shopping, photographs.
Maths – numbers, counting, one more, one less, hundred square, forwards, backwards.
Humanities – sense, body, labels, sour, sweet, bitter, sharp, healthy, meals, fruit, vegetables.
Het Nederlandse letterwinkeltje is deze week officieel geopend. De kinderen van year 1 zijn druk bezig met de rekken te vullen met de Nederlandse klanken. Opa Brom heeft deze week nog meer klanken voor ons in zijn lettermagazijn!
Next week we are continuing to work on class routines, getting to know the children and starting on our courses.