Year 2 will be going on an exciting educational visit to the Urban Planning Museum. This visit is connected with our Themed Learning focus of Buildings and will be a great opportunity for children to further develop their knowledge of the buildings in Shanghai.This visit will take place on Tuesday 13 October.
- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Please can you provide your child with a light rain jacket on days where rain is forecast. To minimise the amount of time children are inside the classroom, the children will go outside for playtimes during light rain.
- PE and swimming are a core part of our curriculum. All children should take part unless they have a note from a doctor or a parent to excuse them. When children are not taking part, we ask that they still bring their PE kit as we can adapt the lesson for them. We can often include them in the lesson as a coach, a referee or to give feedback to others. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- ECA/BISCAP Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up.
- Lunches - Please be aware that SLETO take the numbers for lunches from the school register at 9.30am every day. If you are taking your child out of school after 9.30am please inform SLETO in advance so that you are not charged on that day.
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
- Tanzania – Our annual Tanzania animal dress-up day will be on Friday 16 october. Children will find out more in assembly next week.
This week the children will begin our unit of work on Poetry. The week will begin with the children looking at a range of examlpes of poems so they can become familiar with the features of the genre. Following this, the children will look at poems written by Kenn Nesbitt. In particular the children will study the poem My Lunch. The children will learn how to use adjectives and specfici nouns to improve the clarity of their descriptions. At the end of the week the children will write their own version of My Lunch and then perform it to the class.
MATHS AND THEMED LEARNING
This week Themed Learning and Maths will be taught together as the children become architechts. The children will begin the Themed Leanring aspect of this week by taking photographs of architectural features in the school. They will then use their trip to the Urban Planning Museum as a research mission for developing ideas for what they want their building design to look like. The children will take photographs at the museum and make sketches in their research book. At the end of the week the children will draw fine line architectural drawings of what their building will look like. In Maths, the children will be learning how to recognise British coins and notes and then learn how to add to different amounts together. To place this work in context the children will have to write a costing sheet for how much their building will cost to make. Each feature such as the windows, doors etc. will be given a price and the children must work out how much it would cost to build their building design.
The children will be focusing on expressing their ideas, opinions and views with confidence.
Literacy – adjective, nouns, rhyme, rhythm.
Maths – pounds, pence, total, amount, cost
Humanities – shading, cross hatch, fine line, architectural, research, mood board.
Dames en heren, appels en peren, welkom in Circus Chapito! We lezen over de verschillende artiesten in het dierencircus en ontdekken hoe het leven van een circusartiest eruit ziet . Met de clusters van de vriendjesflat maken we grappige en gevaarlijke circuswoorden.
We gaan elke dinsdag met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. De Estafettemap mag mee naar school op dezelfde dag.
Prettig weekend gewenst!
Year2 Sea Lion
Key Sentences: 我家有wo jia you…/There are ……in my family.
Homework: Worksheet of family members
Year2 Sea Horse
Topic: What’s your name？
Homework: Finish a questionnaire
Year2 Sea Star
Topic: Lesson 4 Colours-Continued
Key Words: 粉 fen/pink; 黑 hei/black; 黄 huang/yellow; 绿l/green; 红hong/red; 蓝lan/blue; 白bai/white
Homework: Read the words on P20 and sing the song on P22.