Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays.
- Football Fun Day at SAS Puxi: Wednesday 23 September 09.00 – 12.30, Parents most welcome to join.
- Uniform Reminder - Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- PE and swimming are a core part of our curriculum. All children should take part unless they have a note from a doctor or a parent to excuse them. When children are not taking part, we ask that they still bring their PE kit as we can adapt the lesson for them. We can often include them in the lesson as a coach, a referee or to give feedback to others. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- DATES: 4P class assembly, Monday 19 October at 1.45 - 2.30pm.
The students will be looking at the features of explanation texts including reading how bread is made.
They will continue developing an understanding of features of causal connectives to apply these in their own writing. The students will be designing their own crazy contraptions with written explanations.
This week the focus will be on addition and subtraction. The children will complete mental mathematical challenges and puzzles, designed to help them become more fluent when working quickly and accurately. The connection between addition and subtraction will be reinforced and missing number questions will feature strongly. They will be practising using column addition with larger numbers, learning to choose the most effective method to calculate. Word problems and identifying the operation needed to complete a calculation will also be a particular focus.
This week we will be looking at inventors and their inventions! The children will be researching the lives of people from the past and discovering why they felt the need to invent the things that they did. They will use a number of different sources to research and gather information and then present this to the rest of the class. They are also going to be using these inventions to create an interesting piece of artwork in the style of Picasso!
The children will discuss a ‘life without electricity’.
Literacy – explanation, diagram, flow chart, causal connectives, skimming, scanning, retrieve, non-fiction, text
Maths – addition, subtraction, sum, total, difference, take away, result, column, inverse, equals
Themed Learning – research, gather, record, presentation
Terwijl Tiuri, zoon van Tiuri de Dappere, strijdt tegen Grauwe Ridders, moet oppassen voor Rode Ridders en de blauwe rivier afreist op zoek naar de kluizenaar Menaures, leggen de brieven van KS2 leerlingen aan Koning Willem-Alexander een hele andere weg af, namelijk die naar het kantoor van de Consul Generaal.
De formele uitnodigingsbrieven zijn dus de deur uit. Zal het harde werken beloond worden? We zullen ons nu richten op het schrijven van kattebelletjes en een informerende brief over de altijd bruisende stad Shanghai.
Moeilijke woorden die u thuis kunt bespreken n.a.v. het boek:
waken, vasten, de burcht(heer/vrouwe), grauw, zich haasten, de bestemming
Moeilijke themawoorden (gelinkt aan het thema brieven schrijven) zijn:
de aanhef, de afsluiting/het slot, informeel, formeel, Geachte ..., Hoogachtend ..., Beste ..., Met vriendelijke groet ...,
Een heel fijn weekend gewenst!
Topic: Vegetables and Fruits
Key Words: 应该ying gai/should have；可是ke shi/but；每天mei tian/everyday；等等deng deng/and so on
Homework: To find out vegetables that your friends like
Topic: Countries, Languages
This week we will focus on making dialogue with the partner of text 1.
Homework: Write a paragraph using the sample given and prepare for oral sharing
Topic: Lesson 1 Pin yin, Numbers
This week we will be learning greetings，and we will learn how to introduce your name.
Homework: Worksheet for practicing characters.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Caldwell
Next week, we will be learning about colours and days of the week.
Homework: Fun word search consolidating the week's learning.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
This week we have been introducing ourselves, greeting people and asking how someone is. Next week we will be looking at how to ask when someone’s birthday is and saying how old we are. Some children will be able to say how old other people are.
Homework: To practise asking ‘How are you?’ and give an appropriate answer. Can you teach someone else in your home how to do this? See active homework handout.
Year 3 / 4 French – Miss Rae
Next week we will begin to look at numbers 1-20, we will listen to songs and play bingo.
Homework: To complete the sheet by joining the numbers to the correct word.
Year 3/ 4 French: Miss Wood
Next week we will be reviewing the names of different members of a family, household items, food and the months of the year. We shall use basic prepositions of sur and dans to describe position.
Homework: To create a simple animal matching game.