- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- If for any reason your child is unable to take part in PE, please send a signed message in your child’s communication book. Your child still needs to bring in their PE kit to enable them to participate as a coach, an official or to give feedback. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- We look forward to welcoming you at our ‘Meet and Greet’ meeting on Monday 21 August from 6.00-8.00. There will be a brief ‘Welcome’, followed by two sessions with class teachers in the classrooms; one at 6.30 and another at 7.15. This will give you the opportunity to meet teachers if you have children in different year groups. It will allow you also to ask any questions and meet other parents of children in your class.
We would like to ask that children do not attend the Meet & Greet event. The event is targeted at adults and the timing is late for the children on a school night. We fully understand that for some NEW parents, you do not yet have child care and so may have to bring your children. If you are bringing your child, please be responsible for your child at all times as they cannot be left unsupervised in school or the playground. You may want to bring something to keep them quietly occupied while the teacher is talking. Thanks for your support and understanding.
- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays.
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- ECA and BISCAP sign-up is available on the school website and confirmation letters will follow. Both programmes will begin on Monday 4 September.
This week in Literacy we will be exploring settings in stories; describing them in detail. We will have a particular focus on adjectives.
Adjective, description, synonym
This week in maths the children will be tackling a range of different codes! They will have to work together to find ways to solve the problems.
Prove, explain, method
This week we will begin our World War 2 topic. The children will be encouraged to be curious about the subject and think of questions that they want to explore. Later on in the week, the causes of the war will be discovered.
Question words i.e. how, why
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
Children will begin the new unit on programming and coding. They will use ‘Python’ to input simple algorithms and must be able to explain their work when asked.
In PSHCE this term we will be looking at teamwork and collaborative working. We will focus further on fostering new relationships, creating rules and expectations for the group and how to work together successfully.
Trust, bravery, commitment