- It was wonderful to see so mnay of you attend the Meet the Teacher session last week. Thank you so much for coming and finding out about life in Nursery.
- Uniform-please remember to wear the Cubs T-shirt and bring at least three spare pairs of clothes to put in cubbies.
- Help us to keep all your child’s belongings safe by labelling everything clearly with name and class.
- All classes have been learning to say ‘please’ and ‘thank-you’. We have been encouraging turn taking skills throughout the day. Please encourage these skills at home.
- The children are becoming more settled and confident in their new environments. We have been delighted with how well they are settling and swimming on Friday was a great success. We will be sending out simple visual timetables next week so you can share the daily routine with your child e.g. group time, playing and learning time, P.E.
- Family Library time: the main school Library on the 3rd floor is open on Monday and Tuesday evening after school every week for parents to share and borrow books.
A few parents have expressed that they would like more information about how regularly the children are taken to the toilet. When the children arrive in the mornings they are reminded to go to the toilet and throughout the morning we do our best to remind all of the children to go. As the children are often very busy and having a lot of fun they do forget. These occasions are dealt with in a calm way where the children are cleaned by adults and encouraged to dress themselves. Please remind children that they need to tell an adult when they need to do a poo and we are happy to support them with wiping.
The children are all taken and encouraged to use the toilet both before and after lunch, after nap time and before going home.
COMMUNICATION BETWEEN HOME AND SCHOOL
As you can understand this is a very busy time of the year for teachers as we support the children with being happy, confident, and active learners. We are doing our best to write in the communication books at least once a week to let you know how your child is doing and we check then daily to see if your have written to us. We use the communication books to cover house keeping issues such as when they need additional clothing, or to inform you if your child has been hurt, and to keep you updated on behaviour and friendships. Tapestry our Online Learning Journey informs you of your child’s learning progress, social development, interests and how we extend children’s interests. We update each child’s Tapestry regularly.
MEERKAT AND WOLF CUB CLASSES
The Meerkats and Wolves have had a focus on animals and colours through the stories ‘Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What can you see?’ by Bill Martin Jr. and ‘One Mole Digging a Hole’ by Julia Donaldson. We have been using the self-registration system to count and recognise numbers. We will be developing this next week by learning about 1 number more and 1 number less.
Brown Bear, Brown Bear song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA6wi32YpEU
FOX AND PANTHER CUB CLASSES
The Foxes and Panthers have been focussing on numbers through the story of ‘ Ten in the Bed’ by Penny Dale. We will follow up on the children’s interest in numbers by singing some other counting songs- including “10 in the bed”. ‘Fire Engine is Flashing’ by Mandy Archer is allowing children to recognise and name modes of transport. We will read this again and look for other books about transport.
Ten in the bed song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwutR8gxgto
We have been practising counting children in the class. We have been greeting each other and practising eachothers names. Next week we will start using colour names with the books that the children are reading in class.
red （红色）, yellow（黄色）, blue（蓝色）, green（绿色）, white（白色）, black（黑色）
Deze week hebben we het over alles wat groeit: planten, dieren, je haar... We lezen `De bloemen van Jules` en ontdekken wat planten nodig hebben om te groeien. Samen met Jules zaaien we zelf tuinkers, bloemen en groenten. Wat zal het snelst groeien?
De kinderen gaan deze week verder met het samenstellen en bespreken van hun eigen ontwikkelingscurve. Kan u enkele foto`s van uw kind tijdens verschillende leeftijdsfases (bv pasgeborene, kruipfase, eerste stapjes, eerste dag naar school, ...) mailen naar email@example.com? Hartelijk dank voor uw hulp hierbij!
groeien, groter, kleiner, zaadje, plantje, bloem, gieter, zaaien