- Thank you to so many of you who have ensured your child’s belongings are clearly named please can you check that all water bottles and snack boxes are named every day.
- Swimming lessons began last week with a very successful introduction to our swimming day routines and many children happily exploring the water. Please send swimming costume, towel, goggles and swim hat each Tuesday.
- Library cards have now been issued to teachers, children will be able to bring a library book home starting this week. Family Library time: the main school Library on the 4 th floor is open on Monday and Tuesday evening after school every week for parents to share and borrow books.
- Please remember we are a nut free school, this means you may not send any nut products at all to school at any time, this includes Nutella, snack bars that contain nuts, nut butters, nut oils or nuts.
- For the safety of all the children, please ensure the small gate is closed as you come in and out every morning. This is the indoor gate in the corridor as you approach the pre-nursery area.
- We invite you to a Principal’s workshop on Wednesday 6 September 8.45-9.30 in Stage One. How we Learn What We Learn: A Welcome to EYFS. This will provide a valuable insight into our curriculum.
- Reuse, Reduce, Recycle: Second Hand Uniform Sale
Did your child outgrow their old uniform tops and bottoms? Did your child graduate from Primary to Secondary? Do you have unwanted uniform items? Will your family be moving on from BISS Puxi to new adventures? Please consider donating all your unneeded BISS Puxi uniforms to the Second Hand Uniform Sale. All items can be dropped at the Primary or Secondary reception desks throughout the school year. All items need to be clean and in good condition, thanks for your support.
Please come and restock your children's Primary and Secondary uniforms at our sales on Thursday, September 7th from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm in Primary Gallery.
Please remember to bring small cash and your own bag. All proceeds go to charity. We need your help!!! If you would like to work on the Second Hand Uniform Sale project, please email Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org or wechat: tracyly55. It only involves four afternoons over the course of the school year.
The children have made greast progress in learning each others names and recognising their own name labels through our self-registration system and circle time name games. Some children are recognising the first phonetic sound of each others name labels and we will continue to develop this over the coming weeks.
As we are all getting to know each other we will extend our circle time games to enourage the children to begin to talk about their likes and dislikes including colours, favourite animals and foods. Below a links to fun song to support language and thinking around this learning. Talk to your child about the song and ask them what they like…
We love a communal project so we are encouraging all of the children to decorate a template of a person using their own choice of materials and recources. This week we hope to be able to have this up on one of our display boards to further support the children’s sense of belonging to both a class and a wider year group. This will encourage them to value their own work.
We will also be exploring body parts in Mandarin and supporting this in English by labeling body parts and singing songs about body parts. Hands on your head! Hands on your toes!
In the outdoor area we have many new bikes which are very popular with all of the children. They are adding to the children’s social development as many are capable of transporting passengers. The children have been using them as taxis and forms of transport. The children are also loving water play. We have guttering which is encouraging a lot of exploration into the flow and gravity. They have also been adding boats to this and we have been encouraging language such as fast, splash and down to, my turn and who’s next?
Do you like ice cream song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frN3nvhIHUk
I like ____, I don’t like _______, Do you like ______?
Body parts: head, shoulders, knees, toes, eyes, ears, mouth, nose, tummy, bottom
Next week we will talk about ourselves. We will introduce our body parts and discuss how we use them and take care of them as well. Children can draw or decorate a picture of themselves.
Interesting Face Features 小小五官本领大（xiao xiao wu guan ben ling da）
Clap Hands 小手拍拍（xiao shou pai pai）
Head Shoulders Knees and Toes 头肩膀膝盖脚 (tou jianbang xigai jiao)
head（头）, shoulder（肩膀）, knee（膝盖）, toe（脚）