- SCHOOL UNIFORM: Please note that the school colours for trousers should be grey, not black.
- FRIDAY 10 November: Please remember that Friday is a training day – no school for children! Enjoy your long weekend with your family.
- PE ATTENDANCE: Lots of children are coming to school without their PE kit saying that they are ‘sick’ and so not doing PE. PE lessons are conducted inside throughout the year. Please be aware that PE is an important part of your child’s curriculum and they should be prepared and safe during the lesson by wearing the appropriate clothing. If your child is not well enough for PE, please keep them at home so that they can recover fully before returning to school.
- JUNK MODELLING! We are excited that the children are getting creative and want to build models and make different things, but we need your help to supply bottles, toilet roll inners, boxes, lids and more! Please ensure that there is no glass, and that everything is washed before sending it into school. Thank you.
- BISCAP/PE/Swimming: We are so excited going to our specialist lessons and BISCAP classes. Help us to keep all your child’s belongings safe by naming everything clearly with name and class.
- Uniform: we are growing in independence and getting changed for PE is an important part of the lesson. Please remember to send your child’s PE kit in a bag, so that they can change within the PE lesson time.
- Children who are ill need to be at home to recover as we cannot care for sick children in school and do not want illness to spread to the others. Please see our school policy for these common occurences:
-Diarrhoea (2 or more episodes in 24h that is new or unusual): Stay home for 48 hours since the last episode.
-Vomiting (more than 2 times and/or occurring with fever): Stay home for 48 hours since the last episode of vomiting
-Vomiting (1 isolated occurrence without fever): Stay home for 24 hours since vomiting
-Fever (temperature equal to or more than 37.6 degrees celsius): Stay home 24 hours after the pupil is found fever free without intake of fever lowering medication
If your child is ill, please let your child’s teacher know and also whether the illness is contagious or not.
We will be enjoying stories and listening to our teachers and friends when they tell us things. It is important to respond correctly, which is a skill we will practise before our Christmas Show of ‘Ralph the Reindeer’.
Listen, question, talk, asking, show
We are consolidating these sounds s a t p i n d g o c k m e u r ck and working on blending them together to read and write simple words and captions e.g. cop, mat, ‘sit on a pin’.
The children are getting much better at the first group of ‘tricky words’ I, the, to, go, no. Look out for them in your reading books!
We will be looking at weighing and measuring different objects in and around our classroom to compare which ones are heavier or lighter. We will look at different types of scales to see how we can measure weight. We will count out spoonfuls of materials onto the scales, and different objects from a group.
Heavy (er/ est), light (er/est), weigh weighing scales, weight, more, less
EXPRESSIVE ARTS DESIGN: Being Imaginative
We are so excited to learn more about our Christmas Show, that we will be looking closely at the different animals and roles in the story. We will think about what they are like and how they might speak, move and communicate with their friends. We will also think about the different characters in other stories and how they might be different from the ones in our Christmas story.
Christmas, Reindeer, story, animals, character
We will talk about the Autumn, to see how is the season getting changed,by walking out to pick up leaves and find out about the colours we see in nature.
Autumn is coming 秋天到 (qiu tian dao)
The wind of autumn (秋风吹吹 )（qiu feng chui chui）
Autumn秋天 (qiu tian ) leaf树叶 (shu ye) golden 金色 (jin se) red 红色 (hong se ) yellow 黄色 （huang se）
It’s cooler in autumn ! (秋天真凉爽!)（qiu tian zhen liang shuang）
Deze week gaan we van start met een nieuw thema : `Feest`. We gaan op ontdekking naar allerlei feestelijke gelegenheden en bespreken wat er allemaal hoort bij een feest. Samen stellen we een feestkalender op en bekijken welke feesten er zoal in aantocht zijn: Fleurs en Stijns verjaardag, Sinterklaas, Kerstmis en Nieuwjaar! Heel wat redenen om te feesten!
We zoeken woorden met de `f`van feest!
feest, verjaardag, feesthoed, taart, wenskaart, kalender , slinger, ballonnen