Sorry but this form will not work without cookies enabled. Please adjust your browser settings to enable cookies to continue. For more information on how to do this please see ourPersonal Information Collection Statement.

  • A Premium Education

    We provide a rigorous but nurturing environment in which our students will become active and capable citizens of tomorrow.

    British International School Hanoi| School

  • Our Students

    Our students will leave school prepared to enter a very competitive world where they will need all their academic ability, strength of character and personal skills to be happy and successful.

    british international school hanoi

  • Dedicated, skilled and committed teachers and support staff

    Our teams are strong and innovative, constantly re-visiting ways of bringing the curriculum to life.

    British Internatinal School Hanoi Our Staff 2018

  • We develop individual talents and strengths

    Learning to learn and developing study skills to make our students lifelong learners is a key focus as BIS Hanoi

    british international school hanoi

  • Join Our School

    We look forward to seeing you at the British International School Hanoi and welcoming you and your family to our special community.

    british international school hanoi

  • News & Events

    Stay in touch with our exciting school activities and events

    british international school hanoi

  • Get in touch

    We are happy to assist you with your questions and requests.

    British International School Hanoi Get in Touch 2018

Secondary Art in BIS Hanoi

01 April 2016

Throughout term two year 11, 12 and 13 have worked extremely hard to prepare for their Art and Design exam. The preparation work includes observational drawings, artist research, development of ideas, written evaluations and critical thinking. It takes students at least six weeks to complete preparation work and it is worth 80% of the total exam marks. Year 11 have just completed the 8 hour exam, they worked in exam conditions unaided, and this part of the exam is worth the remaining 20% of marks. Next week year 12 and 13 will be sitting their 15 hour exam and we are expecting top grades that are well deserved.


art 5


Art 4

Art 3


This week Mr Halpin the community officer has encouraged KS3 students to use the new BIS Hanoi garden as a resource for their landscape and natural forms project. In addition to learning about line, shape, texture in their drawings students have experienced cross curricular skills and knowledge. Mr Halpin discussed with students, the various herbs and vegetables, answering questions and helping students to learn more about the useful properties and benefits of each plant. Some students decided to exchange their pencils for trowels and watering cans and were allowed to do so. Their drawings and knowledge will be used to produce larger colourful art works in the classroom.

art 8

art 10

Allison Cargill – Art Teacher.