Carl Jung the renowned Psychologist once stated:
‘Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.’
At the British International School Hanoi we have certainly ‘looked inside’ to develop our vision which we aspire and adhere to. We have embraced the Nord Anglia Education ‘Be Ambitious’ vision by creating our ‘Vision Pyramid’. The content of this pyramid is constantly referred to in our actions and planning and it is on display in various key locations around the school. To make a vision ‘awake’ in a school it constantly needs to be referred to and this where our Aide Memoire plays such a Key role:
Looking into the heart of British International School Hanoi this week I can see so many examples of our Aide Memoire:
- The Year 4I Assembly looking the global issue of gender equality: Global Citizens
- A student finding money that has been lost by another student and immediately handing it in: Integrity
- Y3 organising the “Young Enterprise Fair’ in support of the rehabilitation of suffering animals by raising money for the Tam Dao Bear Sanctuary: Care
- A lovely F3 Assembly all about learning to ask good questions: Enquiry
- The secondary school Maths Olympiad team who performed so well at Concordia last weekend to come second overall: Reflection
- Y10 students on their DoE International Award Bronze practice expedition last weekend: Perseverance
- The successful Y6 Expedition to Hoi An: Learning Together
I believe British International School Hanoi has a living and thriving heart made up of students, staff and parents who always strive to ‘Look Inside’ to achieve great things.
I do hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.
Anthony Rowlands, Principal