This is likely to be the first time that your child has had to make a choice in the subjects that they will study, and we are aware that might seem like a daunting process. Your child will have the opportunity to choose courses that they are passionate about. This will reinforce the process of them becoming independent learners and thinkers, and they will start to take responsibility for their own education. As always, we are on hand to support both yourself and your child with this decision. Our advice to all students is the following:
- Select subjects that you enjoy and are interested in.
- Select subjects that you are good at.
- Try to pick a range of subjects.
- Think about the career you would like or what you would like to study at University. Do you need to have any specific IGCSEs for this?
- Choose the same subjects as your friends.
- Choose subjects you think will be easy, this may turn out not to be true!
- Choose subjects because you like the teacher.
Our academic profile grows year on year as our outstanding teacher constantly challenge students to ensure they are making better than expected progress. We are extremely proud of the results of our former IGCSE students and summer 2020 saw us achieve the best results in the school’s history. The A*-C pass rate is a testimony to the all-round strength of our students. With 52% of all grades awarded at A*-A grade, we are certain that we can offer your children the very best.
Assistant Head Academic