What you can expect
A team of committed specialist teachers will deliver personalised lessons designed to keep students engaged with the teacher and motivated to learn more with their classmates, as well as foster their independence and confidence. Our secure online environment creates strong relationships in the classroom between teachers and students to make moving between off-screen and online activities seamless. Our blended learning approach includes innovative, interactive lessons, as well as collaborative and focused study time.
Our Secondary and Sixth Form (Years 7 – 13) virtual lessons include:
- Real-time delivery through a safe and secure platform.
- A full regular timetable each school day exactly as in physical school. This ensures that students maintain progress, and provides the structure to build routines that are so crucial to learning. This timetable includes PE, performing arts and wellbeing.
- Access to a range of carefully curated digital resources and eBooks from our Virtual Library.
- Personalised lessons according to the students’ needs through a variety of learning activities.
- Short teacher lectures, followed by self-directed to tasks while the teacher is available on online for support and guidance.
- Live discussion forums, spoken or written, using Teams posts, Harkness tables, Socratic circles, etc.
- Group work: our technology platforms allow our students to seamlessly collaborate with each other
- Peer assessments and self-assessment
- Research presentations
- Consolidation lessons or 'support available' lessons to ensure our students have sufficient one-on-one time with their teachers
- A balance of online and offline learning delivered by passionate teachers
- Regular, personalised feedback and interactive assignments
- Independent and focused study time to develop essential skills
- Participation in a range of activities with Nord Anglia students from all over the world through our exclusive online learning platform, Global Campus
- Exclusive learning experiences created in collaboration with our partners The Julliard School and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- One-to-one support from specialised teachers to students who require extra guidance
- An extensive online Extra Curricular Activities programme for students to explore and develop their passions and interests
What our students say about VSE