In the F3 classes, they are really starting to develop and improve their story language. This week, they learnt to put musical instruments alongside their storytelling. They chose castanets and sticks to make the trip trap sound for the goats and they used a loud drum with a low sound for the troll. At the end of the week, they began to use their new vocabulary and book language to retell the whole story using our class story map. We were very proud of all the children!
I am sure you have heard all the Christmas songs playing for our Christmas performance. Please help your children to practice the words and actions for these songs at home. Some of the F3 children will also have lines to say and words for this will be going out to parents very soon. Here are the names of each of the songs with the classes next to them:
- Wriggly Nativity - Every class sings this song
- Donkey Plodding - F1 class
- Rockabye Jesus - A group of F3 children
- Dancing About In The Straw - F2B
- Twinkling Stars - F3B
- Skip, Skip, Skippity Hop - F2V
- Angels - A group of F3 children
- Bumping Up and Down on a camel - F3V
Don’t forget to put the date in your diary so you can join us for this event on Wednesday 12th December 9:00-10:00am.
Julie Walton - Head of Early Years