Welcome to BVIS Secondary activity update
In Year 7, students have been learning about the issue of water shortages and why having access to clean safe drinking water is so important. They have come up with creative ways to solve the problem across The Gambia, the African country the students have been focusing on this term.
In Year 11, students have been learning about the topic of industry and have focused on manufacturing this week. They have investigated the company Nike in Vietnam and how important they are to Vietnam’s manufacturing industry. Students have considered the positives and negatives of such big companies to country’s such as Vietnam.
In Year 12, students have learned about how fog and mist are formed. They have focused on the fog in Hanoi and why the city gets lots of fog and mist in the morning.
Next Tuesday 18/1/2022, we look forward to meeting the Year 10 parents online.
In the spirit of giving for Tet, BVIS Hanoi is opening a Tet appeal to make Tet a bit easier for all the recipients of your generosity. We are going to support three groups of children; those with disabilities; children who have been rescued from human trafficking and exploitation; and children who live in poverty.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Foods: Rice (pack of 5kg); cooking oil (bottle), tint foods, dried foods
- Winter Blankets; socks, scarfs, gloves, hat for children and adults
- Children essentials: school supplies, stationaries, schoolbags, books
- Children toys
- Hygiene product: masks, soaps of any kind, toothpaste and toothbrush, sanitary packs, nappies; anti-bacterial hygiene products.
- Please donate items that are still in good condition. Foods will need to have to have a long expiry date.
- We are not asking for clothes to be donated on this occasion.
- Primary Building: Reception area - Ms. Huyen Vu (Receptionist)
- Secondary &EYFS Building: Secondary Reception area – Ms. Phuong Nguyen (Community Service Officer)
Collection date: Please bring items to the collection points anytime between 13th to 24th Jan.
We are collaborating with several of our regular NGO partners, and we hope that this appeal will bring much needed assistance to less privileged, during this period of goodwill. Please join us in helping those in greatest need.
I hope you all have a great week ahead.