This is a wonderful and valuable opportunity for students to develop their confidence and leadership skills in a supportive environment and for the school to harness the dynamic enthusiasm of its students.
Elected representatives meet regularly and are actively involved in:
- researching and resolving student issues
- organisation of social events
- reinforcing leadership and teamwork skills
The principle goals of the Student Parliament are to:
- create a comfortable, welcoming environment with clear communication and understanding amongst the students
- foster an environment in which all students respect, value, and care for each other
- help students acquire the skills, attitudes, and qualifications necessary to become successful, responsible global citizens
- represent the students’ perspectives in the school’s decision making
Through their Mission Statement, the Student Parliament assists the school to remain a relevant and thriving environment of learning and understanding, both inside and outside the classroom.