Pleased to Meet You...James Carson
09 april 2014
This week we spoke to James Carson, Head of EAL organiser of this year's Summer School, to find out a bit more about him.
- How long have you been at BISS Puxi? Coming up for three years.
- What do you enjoy most about working here? I enjoy learning so much just by working and interacting with my host of talented, experienced and accomplished colleagues at BISS Puxi and also from the thoroughly agreeable students that are attracted to this school. I’m always looking for opportunities to learn from other people no matter who they are.
- As Head of EAL, what do you enjoy most about teaching this subject? I really enjoy helping to make a difference for students who come to our school with very little English and watching them gain confidence as their English improves.
- What are you looking forward to about our Summer School this year? I’m looking forward to producing a summer course that students enjoy not only because of the academic rigour that it will entail and the sense of achievement the students will feel because of that, but also the fact that it will be great fun to be involved in three weeks full of laughs AND lessons.
- What is your favourite thing to do in Shanghai? I enjoy taking my young kids to various parks in Shanghai and letting them watch the old men playing cards, the dancers, the people doing tai chi, the singers, the music makers and the kite flyers and watching them absorb this wonderful friendly culture that China has, as the people involved nearly always try to include them somehow. Fabulous!
- Where are you from and what do you miss about home? I’m from Hampshire on the South coast of England. I miss….I miss….ummm… I’ll tell you when I think of something!