1) Can you tell us what enrolled children should expect at this year’s Summer School at BISS Puxi?
Students should expect to have a fantastic time while they improve their language skills. The summer school makes learning English/Mandarin fun and exciting. Plus, we have also included an Art programme that children can sign up for this year. The theme of the Art programme will be Imagine, Create and Discover.
2) What is your educational background, both academically and career wise?
I went to Cardiff University to study Computer Science and then, after university, I decided to go and teach in Southern China. I enjoyed teaching so much that I went back to the UK and became a qualified teacher. After I qualified, I then taught in London and the surrounding areas.
3) What has been the most memorable experience to date in your career?
I have two amazing memories from BISS Puxi. The first one was a few years ago when the Under 9’s won their first Rugby Championship. It was possibly the game of the century as we were two tries down and fought back to win 3-2.
My other amazing memory was when we were crowned Maths Champions of Asia at this year’s FOBISIA Maths Challenge. To be the best out of the 29 top British schools from around Asia was an unbelievable accomplishment.
And now for some light-hearted questions
4) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Wales. Fantastic people, great scenery, and no mosquitoes. Dare I say European Football Champions?!
5) If you could get a selfie with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
Arsene Wenger, the Arsenal Football Club manager. We both have a very similar, calm approach to watching our teams play.
6) Describe your perfect Sunday in Shanghai?
Having a BBQ with my family.
7) If you could choose one actor to star as you in a film, who would you choose and why?
Harrison Ford as there may even be a slight resemblance – both scruffy looking nerf-herders.
8) What’s your favourite restaurant in Shanghai?
Fat Cow – probably the best burgers on the planet.
9) What 3 things could you not live without in Shanghai?
Family, Fat Cow and my BBQ.
10) Have you got anything exciting planned for the summer break?
After 3 weeks of summer school fun, I am going to take my children to Disneyland and then to see the pandas in Chengdu.
Thank you for your time Mr Foster. For more information on the Summer School or to sign up, please click here.
Ryan Kealey, Marketing and Events Manager