A plea for spare clothes: Our stock of spare clothes is running very low indeed. In fact our underwear and trousers boxes are now completely empty! Please could parents check in case your child has borrowed some spare clothes and they are still at home. Thank you. Do you have any underwear, trousers or shoes that your child has outgrown and would be suitable to help replenish our supplies of spare clothes? We would be very grateful for any donations.
- Naming Every item of Clothing: It is very helpful if you can name your child’s clothes, especially coats, sweaters, cardigans, hats, scarves and gloves.
- Recycled Tins: Please send in any recycled tins (for example, baby formula tins) for us to use to add to our outdoor music and percussion wall.
- Christmas Fair: It will take place on Saturday 28th November from 11am to 3pm in the Primary school. Come and enjoy seasonal games, food and fun for the family!
- Nursery Christmas Show : It will take place on Wednesday 9th December in Stage One. All parents are welcome! Please let your child’s class teacher know if your child will not be here to take part in the Christmas Show.
- Girls Swimming: It is getting colder and lots of girls are wearing warm tights. On Swimming days please send them into school in leggings and socks instead. It really helps us when the children change at the end of the session.
- Christmas Cards that have been produced using the designs of our recent competition winners will be on sale next week in the playground before and after school. They cost 50 RMB for a pack of 8. Buy early for Christmas!
This week we will start the well anticipated theme of Christmas.
The children will be busy making Christmas decorations, writing and posting letters to Santa, wrapping presents, making toys in Santa's workshop and acting out the nativity story in the role play area. We will also spend lots of time rehearsing for our Christmas Show. It surely will be a very busy week! Ho Ho Ho...
Key Vocabulary: Christmas, Santa, presents, baby Jesus, star
Expressive Arts and Design
The children are having a big focus on creative development this week. They will be designing and making their own Christmas toys! They will be encouraged to think about what they will need to make their toy and the steps they will need to take to create it. And of course how to overcome any difficulties they may encounter!
Key Vocabulary: plan, toy, tape, cut, stick, wrap, join, make, build.
Next week we will set up a Post Office for the children. Most of our literacy activities and learning will be based around exploring the post office. The children will be writing and sending Christmas cards to each other and friends and family. The children will also write a very important letter to Father Christmas. As you can imagine, this is going to have us thinking a lot about what toys we could ask for. Let’s hope we are all on Santa Claus’ nice list! The children will be learning many new songs and poems around the Christmas theme. This learning will support the development of pre-reading skills by having Christmas songs and poems hung throughout the learning environment at the children’s level.
Het is feest! Jules is jarig en wordt 3. We vieren Jules in de klas en organiseren een feestje voor hem. Wat hoort er allemaal bij verjaardag?
Elke woensdag gaan we met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. Gelieve het boek tijdig weer mee te geven met uw kind. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.
We will be talking about Christmas. We will do a brief introduction of the Christmas this week.
The First Christmas 第一个圣诞节（di yi ge sheng dan jie）
Baby Jesus耶稣的故事 (ye su de gu shi)
Snow Flakes 雪绒花 (xue rong hua )
We Wish You A Merry Christmas祝你圣诞快乐 (zhu ni sheng dan kuai le)
Make a Santa (paper cutting and sticking)
Key Words: Santa Claus 圣诞老人(sheng dan lao ren); Christmas 圣诞节(sheng dan jie) ; Christmas Tree 圣诞树(sheng dan shu);Merry Chritsmas 圣诞快乐(sheng dan kuai le)