ECA/BISCAP - Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up. As changes involve a disruption to normal routines this helps us support you in getting your child home safely.
- Security - Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
- Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- This week is Book Week! We are looking forward to seeing some ‘Weird and Wonderful’ costumes on dress up day on Friday. Children should come to school in their costumes.
- Book Fair: This year the Book Fair, where you can buy books, will take place in school from Thursday 19-Saturday 21 November. More information to follow.
- Visiting Poet: Nick Tozeck will be working with children on Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 November.
In Literacy this week, we will be looking at ‘Weird and Wonderful’ tales. The week will start out with the children listening to part of a tale, where we will not give them the title or any illustrations. The children will work collaboratively to imagine and invent a front cover, character illustrations and a title to match.
Later in the week, we will be using our tale as a launch pad for writing a diary. This will give the children an opportunity to consolidate their learning and put into practice their understanding of the different features whilst writing creatively.
In Maths this week, the children will be focusing on multiplication. To fit with our ‘Weird and Wonderful’ theme, the children will be investigating number function machines. For instance if the numbers 5, 4, 2 and 10 go into the machine and 20 comes out, what might have happened in the middle. The answer being 5 x 4 = 20, 2 x 10 = 20. This will be building on our mental multiplication skills. The children will then be creating their own number function machine puzzles for other children to solve. All multiplication will build on the 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 10 times tables.
As part of Book Week, the children will become illustrators. They will be imaging and inventing different characters, settings and weird and wonderful events. These will be combined to make collaborative flip books, where the children will then have the opportunity to create their own weird and wonderful tales.
This week the children will be collaborating and listening to each other's ideas. They will also be taking on different roles within a group.
Literacy – diary, past tense, 1st person, openers, time connectives, first, next, then, afterwards, soon, before long, while, meanwhile, when, feelings, mood, plot, event
Maths – multiplication, groups of, lots of, multiple of, multiply, double, missing number, problem, solution, investigate, predict
Themed Learning – illustrator, illustration
Dames en Heren, Hooggeëerd publiek...!
We richten ons de komende week op het circussmoelenboek, waarin alle circusberoepen de revue passeren. Ook werken we aan de individuele circusact. We maken een gedetailleerde beschrijving van de act en oefenen de act in.
Er is deze week geen huiswerk i.v.m. drukte rond de inspectie en het konklijke uitje.
Denkt u op maandag (Y3 , Y5, Y6) of donderdag (Y4) aan het biebboek en de Estafettemap? Voor Year 4 hebben we de dag veranderd. Dit kwam beter uit in de planning.
Volgende week dinsdag en donderdag zijn er oudergesprekken op BISS Puxi en uiteraard zijn juf Chris en Juf Cindy ook beschikbaar. Maakt u wel even een afspraak per mail (email@example.com of firstname.lastname@example.org)
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Caldwell
The children will be investigating homes and will be reviewing vocabulary regarding the names of rooms and some items within them.
Homework: To design and label the interior of a house.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
Next week we will be looking at Spain and its different customs and traditions. Homework this week is to try and answer the questions about Spain. Pupils can use the internet to research the answers.
Year 3 / 4 French – Mrs Rae
Next week in French, we will begin to look at naming parts of the body. We will be using our knowledge on colours to describe people’s hair and eye colours. Homework this week: Complete the speech bubbles, choose the correct response to each question.
Topic: Lesson 2 Subjects of Study-Text 2
The students will be able to describe the subjects they like / dislike.
Homework: Interview your friends
Topic: Lesson 5 Age-Continued
This week we start to learn the topic of age.
Homework: Practise the new words of lesson 5.