- Security - Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
- 3B would like to invite all parents and friends to attend their class assembly on Monday 26 October 2015. This will be in Stage One at 13.45. We look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.
- Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- Book Week: Information about the Book Week which is week beginning Monday 2 November is being sent out today. Please be aware of all the exciting activities that are taking place.
- Book Fair: This year the Book Fair, where you can buy books, will take place in school from Thursday 19-Saturday 21 November. More information to follow.
- Visiting Poet: Nick Tozeck will be working with children on Monday 9-Tuesday 10 November.
In Literacy this week, we will be of using on the writing of diaries. This will all centre on the story ‘Cave Baby’ by Julia Donaldson, to link with our Themed Learning. The children will initially explore the features of a diary to create a self-assessment checklist. They will then use the events and feelings of the main character in ‘Cave Baby’ to turn this lovely children's book into a diary.
In Maths this week, the children will be investigating 2D and 3D shapes. Their focus will be on developing language. They will also be linking properties of shapes to angles, such as right angles (90 degrees) and different types of lines, including horizontal, vertical, parallel (two lines on a plane that never meet and are always the same distance apart) and perpendicular (two lines that meet at right angles or 90 degrees).
We are moving into our history focus this week in Themed Learning. This will centre on the use of paintings to communicate about life in the past. The children will initially explore a range of cave paintings, and be encouraged to record what they want to find out about cave paintings. This will mean the children will take part in leading their own learning and discovering answers to what they are interested in. Their knowledge and understanding at the end of this short unit will be communicated through the creation of their own cave paintings.
This week the children will be collaborating and listening to each other's ideas. They will also be taking on different roles within a group.
Literacy – diary, past tense, 1st person, openers, time connectives, first, next, then, afterwards, soon, before long, while, meanwhile, when, feelings, mood, plot, event
Maths – dimensional, flat, solid, corner, edge, vertices, vertex, curved, straight, right angle, 90 degrees, horizontal, vertical, parallel and perpendicular
Humanities –painting, symbol, communicate, primary source, knowledge, understanding, past, time line, question, discover
Dames en Heren, Hooggeëerd publiek...!
We richten ons de komende week op het circussmoelenboek, waarin alle circusberoepen de revue passeren. Ook werken we aan de individuele circusact. We maken een gedetailleerde beschrijving van de act en oefenen de act in.
We lezen in de klas uit het boek De dikke bende van de Korenwolf en de vondst van het stiekeme circus.
Kijk voor inspiratie én instructie (acrobaten, jongleurs) het volgende filmpje van Ketnet over een circusshow: Ketnet
Denkt u op maandag (Y3 , Y5, Y6) of donderdag (Y4) aan het biebboek en de Estafettemap? Voor Year 4 hebben we de dag veranderd. Dit kwam beter uit in de planning.
Volgende week maandag en dinsdag zullen er wat lessen vervangen worden door andere docenten van BISS Puxi i.v.m. de inspectie. Dank voor uw begrip!
Een heel fijn weekend!
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Caldwell
The children will be investigating how Halloween is celebrated in Spain. They will learn subject vocabulary and will talk about costumes.
Homework: Spooky matching game.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
Next week we will be looking at countries around the world and focussing on those that are Spanish speaking. Homework this week is to complete the small activity on countries and to try and complete some activities on Linguascope (username: bisspuxi; Password: bissmfl).
Year 3 / 4 French – Mrs Rae
Next week we will be finishing our unit on colours and classroom objects.
Homework: Complete the picture using the colours and numbers written.
Topic: Countries, Languages (Text 2)-Continued
The students will be able to use the key words of Text 2 to share the languages they can speak.
Homework: A poster based on the information given on P6 (workbook sheet).
Topic: Lesson 5 Age
This week we start to learn the topic of age.
Homework: Practise the new words of lesson 5.
作业： 抄写生词：一块，扫兴，收到，退回 。