A truly remarkable journey comes to an end. The Year 6 students of 2015 really have been a joy to teach and be with. They have come to the end of one phase of their education and we wish them all every success as they begin new adventures with BISS Puxi or other secondary schools. We would like to thank all parents for their support this year and to wish every one of you a fabulous, safe and exciting summer.
The Year 6 Team
Suggested holiday learning
If you are stuck for something to do this summer you could do one of the following:
1) Keep a diary of your adventures over the holidays. Perhaps you could make a film, keep a blog or make a video presentation about your holiday?
2) Write your own adventure story set in a different country. Better still write a play and get your friends to help you perform it,
3) Practise your maths skills using Myimaths.
Login – bisspuxi Password – discover
Rich and entertaining – students are welcome to try some of the “live puzzles” throughout the summer.
4) Practise your art develops. Make sketches of places you visit, paint a picture, create an electronic collage.
5) Do some scientific research. Try conducting an experiment. Below are some website links to help inspire you. .
The BBC bitesize website gives a good overview of the key stage 3 syllabus.
Docbrown has a long list of quizzes and extra fascinating facts.
6) Post views on books and movies, start discussions or create apps on Global Classroom http://naeglobalclassroom.nordanglia.com/
7) Use your login to Espresso and get access to lots of resources:
Login: student44210 Password: bisspuxi
Some books to read:
- The Lions of Little Rock - Christie Levinel
- A Long Walk to Water – Linda Sue Park
- Mockingbird – Kathryn Erskine
- My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece – Annabel Pitcher
- Cinder – Marissa Meyer
- Endgame: The Calling - James Frey
- Shine - Candy Gourlay
- Ways to Live Forever - Sally Nichols