- SCHOOL UNIFORM: Please note that the school colours for trousers should be grey, not black.
- RALPH THE REINDEER: Please note the date for our upcoming performance of Ralph the Reindeer on 5 December! We need your child’s costume in school by Friday 17th, please send this in to school as soon as possible in a named carrier bag. We look forward to seeing you at the show!
- PE ATTENDANCE: Lots of children are coming to school without their PE kit saying that they are ‘sick’ and so not doing PE. PE lessons are conducted inside throughout the year. Please be aware that PE is an important part of your child’s curriculum and they should be prepared and safe during the lesson by wearing the appropriate clothing. If your child is not well enough for PE, please keep them at home so that they can recover fully before returning to school.
- JUNK MODELLING! We are excited that the children are getting creative and want to build models and make different things, but we need your help to supply bottles, toilet roll inners, boxes, lids and more! Please ensure that there is no glass, and that everything is washed before sending it into school. Thank you.
- BISCAP/PE/Swimming: We are so excited going to our specialist lessons and BISCAP classes. Help us to keep all your child’s belongings safe by naming everything clearly with name and class.
- Uniform: we are growing in independence and getting changed for PE is an important part of the lesson. Please remember to send your child’s PE kit in a bag, so that they can change within the PE lesson time.
- Save the date: Christmas Party Wednesday 13 December
- Children who are ill need to be at home to recover as we cannot care for sick children in school and do not want illness to spread to the others. Please see our school policy for these common occurences:
-Diarrhoea (2 or more episodes in 24h that is new or unusual): Stay home for 48 hours since the last episode.
-Vomiting (more than 2 times and/or occurring with fever): Stay home for 48 hours since the last episode of vomiting
-Vomiting (1 isolated occurrence without fever): Stay home for 24 hours since vomiting
-Fever (temperature equal to or more than 37.6 degrees celsius): Stay home 24 hours after the pupil is found fever free without intake of fever lowering medication
If your child is ill, please let your child’s teacher know and also whether the illness is contagious or not.
LITERACY – SPEAKING AND LISTENING
Because we will soon be reindeers, toys, eleves and more, we need to think about what those characters are like. We will be practising our lines and songs for the show and listening to our friends speaking as well. What kind of things would they say? What do they like? Who are their friends?
Can you talk about one of the characters from the show in a full sentence?
Listen, question, talk, asking, show
The children are getting much better at the first group of ‘tricky words’ I, the, to, go, no. We will be reading different short sentences with tricky words in them such as “I am a cat”, “It is the sun”, “Can I go to bed?” So that we can practise orally blending different decodable or tricky words. Look out for them in your reading books!
MATHS - NUMBER
Now that we can count so well, we will be practising recognising different numbers within 20. We will be busy elves helping to make things for our show. We will need to measure our heads to make headbands, wrapping paper to make sure we have enough to wrap the toys and different materials to make decorations. We will use rulers to recognise the numbers we need and measure the right length.
Number, teen number, one/two/three etc, count out, ruler, measure
EXPRESSIVE ARTS DESIGN: Exploring and Using Media and Materials
We are so excited to learn more about our Christmas Show, and will be making all sorts of different decorations, props and costumes to make sure that our set and ouselves look amazing.
We will join materials together in a variety of ways, we will use colour and texture for effect and think about what our designs will look like before we begin working.
Christmas, Reindeer, story, animals, character, song, dance, sing, move, freeze
We will introduce forest animals, talking about where they live and how they move.
SONG: The Elephant (大象 )(daxiang)
GAME: Play and guess(做动作猜动物)（zuo dong zuo cai dong wu)
STORY: The gorilla (大猩猩)（da xing xing）
Forest 森林 (sen lin) lion狮子 (shizi) tiger老虎 (laohu) elephant大象 (daxiang )
snake 蛇 （she） monkey猴子 （houzi）
The monkeys climb high. The tigers run fast. 猴子爬得高。 老虎跑得快。(Hou zi pa de gao. Lao hu pao de kuai.)
De goede Sint is in Shanghai aangekomen. Deze week komen we alles te weten over deze bijzondere man. In het boek `Met opa naar de Sint` neemt opa zijn kleinkinderen naar de intocht van Sinterklaas. Maar opa is een beetje verstrooid waardoor ze te laat komen en slechts een glimp van Sinterklaas opvangen. Gelukkig komt alles nog goed en worden opa en de kinderen zelfs ingeschakeld om Sinterklaat te helpen met pakjes uitdelen!
We zoeken woorden die beginnen met de `p` van piet!
de mijter, de staf, de mantel, de handschoen, de ring, de intocht, de schimmel, de pietenmuts