- Uniform - many children are looking smart in their new shorts, summer dresses and polo shirts. Please ensure that full school uniform, including black school shoes are worn daily. School PE kit can be purchased from the uniform shop and should be brought to school on your child’s PE day.
- Help us to keep all your child’s belongings safe by naming everything clearly with name and class.
- Feeling hot hot hot! The weather is still very hot so please remember to send your child to school with a sunhat and suncream if necessary.
- It was great to see so many of you at the Meet the Teacher session last week. Thank you for coming to find out about Reception.
- Family Library time: the main school Library on the 3rd floor is open on Monday and Tuesday evening after school every week for parents to share and borrow books.
LEARNING THEME: “Creatures…”
We are enjoying learning about our new class animals, and will be continuing to look at this this week. We will be thinking about the noises different animals make, how animals and other creatures are different and what they are good at, or if they need help making good choices.
creature, different, animal, fur, scales, claws, ears, nose.
COMMUNICATION & LANGUAGE
We will be practising speaking English to our teachers and friends, and learning a small part of an animal story.
We will be practising telling a story and using our voice for effect.
PERSONAL, SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
How can our animals make good choices? Is it a good animal or not? How can we help them?
We will also be remembering the work we started in Nursery with phonics, by looking at different letter shapes and saying the sounds they make. This week we will be learning about the letters s a t
We will be working hard to count in English, from 10-20 and counting out different groups of objects with our teachers.
We will continue talking about ourselves,introducing our family.
This is ME 这是我 (zhe shi wo )
Drawing my family
My dad 我爸爸 (wo baba ) , my mum我妈妈 (wo mama)
Dad 爸爸 ( baba ) Mum妈妈 (mama) Elder sister姐姐 (jiejie ) Younger sister 妹妹(meimei) Elder brother 哥哥(gege) Younger brother 弟弟(didi)
There are people in my family 我家里有 口人(wo jia li you kou ren )
Deze week hebben we het over alles wat groeit: planten, dieren, je haar. We lezen `De bloemen van Jules` en ontdekken wat planten nodig hebben om te groeien. Samen met Jules zaaien we zelf tuinkers, bloemen en groenten. Wat zal het snelst groeien?
De kinderen gaan deze week verder met het samenstellen en bespreken van hun eigen ontwikkelingscurve. Kan u enkele foto`s van uw kind tijdens verschillende leeftijdsfases (bv pasgeborene, kruipfase, eerste stapjes, eerste dag naar school, ...) mailen naar firstname.lastname@example.org? Hartelijk dank voor uw hulp hierbij!
groeien, planten, zaadjes, zaaien, eerst, dan, daarna, potgrond, gieter, kuil, (tuin)gereedschap