- The Reception Christmas Play is on Tuesday 6 December at 9.30am.
- Please make sure your childs costume is sent into school clearly labelled. We will have a dress rehearsal this week. Thank you!
- Please send your child to school with a warm, waterproof and labelled jacket or coat. We try to go outside every day, but if your child does not have suitable clothing then this will not be possible.
- Please be aware that the days are getting colder and wetter and dress your child accordingly. On swimming days girls may wear dark leggings and matching dark socks instead of tights to make it easier for them to get dressed. A warm hat is also recommended.
- We do our best to ensure the children’s hair is dried after swimming. To support us with this please can you make sure that your child brings a rubber swim hat. And a warm hat for outside play. Thank you for your continued support with this.
LEARNING THEME: THE CHRISTMAS PLAY
Our Christmas Show is fast approaching – so we will be singing, acting, learning our lines and cues and rehearsing to be ready for the show on Tuesday 6 December.
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE
As part of our play rehearsals the children will be listening to and following lots of instructions, learning that they all need to do their bit to make the show as good as it can be.
The children who are speaking in our play will be practising speaking clearly and audibly so the audience can hear the story. And we will all be developing our concentration and focus as well as listening to each other politely.
Communication & Language; Listening & Attention
Maintains attention, concentrates and sits quietly during appropriate activity.
Two-channelled attention – can listen and do.
We will continue playing some simple phonics games with the children to develop their listening skills.
We will also consolidate sounds the children already know. Check inside phonics packs to see if there are any new letters to learn. Here is a link to some useful apps that will support the phonics learning we are doing in school for phase two and beyond.
In Maths, the children will be applying what they know about number, counting and calculation to mathematical investigations and problem-solving activities. They will be encouraged to use correct mathematical vocabulary to explain their thinking and recording.
Count, more, fewer, add, take away, altogether
Finds the total number of items in two groups by counting them.
Says the number that is one more than a given number.
In practical activities amd discussion, beginning to use the vocabulary involved in adding and subtracting.
EXPRESSIVE ARTS & DESIGN
The children have been learning all the songs in the Christmas Show and we will be adding the final touches this week as we rehearse together.
Sing, loud, soft, verse, chorus
Begins to build a repertoire of songs
THEME: We will review weathers and learn about numbers .
SONG: Number song数字歌(shuzi ge)
ACTIVITY: match numbers , numbers caterpillar, trace Chinese writing from 1 to 10
STORY: First, there is an apple首先有一个苹果 (shou xian you yi ge pingguo)
KEY VOCABULARY: Count 数一数（shu yi shu）, from 1 to 10 从一到十 （cong yi dao shi）
Deze week kregen we een videoboodschap van Sinterklaas. Probleem! De Sint staat dit jaar niet op de gastenlijst van BISS Puxi. De kleuters kregen de opdracht om de zaal mooi te versieren zodat de Sint zich toch welkom voelt. We brengen alles in gereedheid voor zijn komst en organiseren een geweldig verjaardagsfeest voor de kindervriend.
We maken een verlanglijstje voor de Sint en zetten onze schoen op woensdag. Gelieve een extra schoen mee naar school te brengen!
In `Villa Letterpret`zoeken we Sintwoorden die rijmen.