Sadly we had to postpone Thursday’s trip due to the wet weather conditions. We are confident that we will be able to reschedule and we will keep you updated with any news.
- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy here.
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a coat during the cold and wet weather.
- If for any reason your child is unable to take part in PE, please send a signed message in your child’s communication book. Your child still needs to bring in their PE kit to enable them to participate as a coach, an official or to give feedback.
- The hearing Screening Test will be held on Monday 24 October for those children already signed up.
In Literacy we will be looking at traditional stories from other countries. We will be following on from our visit to Tanzania on Friday by visiting the acclaimed children’s story Handa’s Surprise by Eileen Brown. Through the power of story telling we will be looking at story patterns, character feelings as well as extending our vocabulary.
Story, book, reading, writing, pages, author, cover, Handea, fruit, banana, tangerine, avocado pineapple, guava, mango
This week we will be starting to count in groups of numbers, specifically 2s, 5s and 10s. Our initial focus will be counting 2s using resoruces to support, if required. We will be grouping objects in 2s and using number lines to count in 2s.
Count, counting, number line, numbers, two, four, six, eight, ten, even
This week Barnaby Bear will be jetting off from the UK and heading to the continent of Africa. His first stop will be Tanzania. There will be some big changes for Barnaby as he feels the warm savannah sun and stunning views of the African plains. All of these incredible sights will enable us to look at the difference between ‘warm’ colours and ‘cold’ colours to create some Aftrican landscape artwork.
Travel, Africa, Tanzania, climate, habitat, savanna, warm, cold, landscape, shade, tone
Through our work on Handa’s Surprise, we will be supporting the children to take into account other children’s feelings and views.
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
Our coding lessons continue this week as the children begin to be more competent in their use of basic coding structures. The children are now creating codes for more than one character at a time.
Computer, laptop, coding, Expresso, sofeware, program, keyboard, mouse
Topic: I’m 5 years old.
Children will learn to say their age and year group. They will learn a character “ 几/how many”.
Homework: Finish a survey.
Topic: I’m 5 years old.
Children will learn to say their age and year group in Chinese. They will learn a character “ 几/how many”.
Homework: Read a book ‘How old are you?/ni ji sui?’
Naar aanleiding van het kinderboekenweekthema `Voor altijd jong` lezen we het boek `Een kus van mij`. We maken kennis met de stamboom van Maan en Fee en maken onze eigen familiestamboom op. Kan u enkele leuke familiefoto`s mailen naar firstname.lastname@example.org of meegeven met uw kind? Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.
De letter van de week is `u` van kus.