The British International School, Abu Dhabi (BIS Abu Dhabi) is a premium quality, highly successful school which operates with a highly motivated team of teaching and administrative professionals at its heart. BIS Abu Dhabi educates over 1500 students between the ages of 3 and 18, representing more than 70 nationalities. The school is a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools. We follow the English National Curriculum leading to the International Baccalaureate Diploma or A Level qualifications.
We are seeking to appoint a passionate and experienced Geography Teacher to act as maternity cover to start on 10th January 2016.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- Bachelors degree, Qualified Teacher Status and up-to-date CRB checks
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience
- Passionate about teaching and about working with young people
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
- In depth knowledge of curriculum and associated assessment methods
- Commitment to extra-curricular education and the wide variety of trips offered to students in the School
- Ability to work as a team player and have the necessary drive, dedication and self-discipline to work effectively as an individual
- Understanding of the partnership required with parents
Experience with teaching IBDP Geography or Environmental Systems and Societies would be a distinct advantage. The ability to teach History at lower Secondary level would also be an asset.
Please send applications containing your CV and letter of application to Arnie.Vasquez@bisad.ae">Arnie.Vasquez@bisad.ae with “Geography Teacher (maternity cover)” as subject heading.